The B&B is very nice, nice room, lovely bathroom with a big bath but no hook for shower head so you have to hold over your head for a shower!
Good location and we loved the area.
The welcome information was a bit much, felt a little like a lecture. We had explained that we had been in Cape Town for a few days already so it wasn't needed but still had to sit through it.
Biggest issue was on returning to our room one day we found two men painting in our room. I don't expect to find decorating going on in a room that we have paid to stay in, if maintenance work is required surely the management should take the hit and not book the room out. A big deal is made about security at the place but to find your room door wide open with two random men in did not feel very safe. They left once we arrived but didn't tell us that the door had wet paint on it and nothing was said by the owners, room smelt of paint for the next day. We would have brought this up with the owners but with limited time in a city we didn't want to waste time on our holiday complaining to the owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Rose is an eclectic mix of French, Indian, Cape Malay and African influences, where old world and modern embrace. Each en suite bedroom is unique and stylishly decorated to reflect the colourful Bo-Kaap and South Africa. It is home away from home, designed to cater for tourists as well as business executives and is gay friendly. Centrally located, it is one of the most central areas in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Rose Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Rose Bed And Breakfast
- La Rose Hotel Cape Town Central
- La Rose Bed & Breakfast Cape Town, South Africa