Tripadvisor
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
from $1,594.74
More Info
All reviews okavango delta vic falls tour leader optional activities small group long days an amazing cook serengeti and ngorongoro crater camping tour game drives local tour sand dunes day tour fantastic trip bungee jumping amazing experience the entire trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely loved the trip! My tour guide was the sweetest and the driver as well! We had a lot of fun and have seen so many things in such a (relatively) short time.

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Karlijnves,
Thank you for sending this nice review. We are really glad you had such a wonderful trip on the Desert Tracker and that the crew exceeded all expectations. We hope to welcome you on another adventure soon - maybe East Africa?

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Thank you so much for the best trip ever Acacia. Everything was perfect and so authentic sleeping in tents and being able to contribute so you weren’t just a guest on tour - that made it feel like YOUR tour. Your guides and drivers are so nice and friendly and the sites you visit along the way are incredible. Sitting around the fire every night and looking at the stars and hearing stories from the guides and the other participants on the trip makes everything so personal
I can highly recommend you to everyone and I hope to be able to join a trip again some other time.

Date of experience: September 2019
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Dear Josephine,
Thank you for sending this tour review. We are super happy you had such a wonderful trip travelling with us and even more that it exceeded all expectations. We hope to see you again soon - East Africa is calling!
Kindest regards, The Acacia Team

Reviewed December 3, 2019

The best way to see the country for a solo traveller with professional guides.
The camping sites were amazing and for most of them in the middle of the nature with beautiful sky during night and the visit of some animals!

Date of experience: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2019

Dear JMJ205,
Thank you for sharing this review. We are really happy you had a great solo experience travelling through Namibia and made a treasure trove of memories with other fellow travellers and the crew. We look forward to welcoming you again on another adventure soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2019

This trip exceeded my expectations, but that is because I went in with realistic expectations. I feel it is important to stress and understand that you will be on a bus, covering large stretches of remote Africa, with a group of people who have different personalities and travel styles. It is excellently planned to have you see amazing sights, stay in stunning campsites, and be completely taken care of in terms of logistics, food, safety, with funny, knowledgeable, hard-working guides. But long travel days, hot weather, etc, can all lead to human grumpies. Overall, this was the best way I could have imagined to see Nambia as a solo female and I am so grateful for the experience and excited about the friendships I have made.

Date of experience: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2019

Dear Amrichie64,

Thank you for sharing your honest review, much appreciated! We are glad you had a wonderful trip and we hope to see you back on another in the near future.
The Acacia team

Reviewed November 2, 2019

I have previously overlanded with Acacia and another company so knew what to expect from the whole set up. I can honestly say this was the best of all my trips!

Our guides were Servius and Clever - amazing guys who did everything they possible could to help us, the food was way better than I ever cook myself, they made sure we knew what was happening at all time, and also let us plan some of our own meals/eating away from the truck/special requests for Clever's Sadza and beef stew. Even the fact that three of us had the same name was no trouble for them. They knocked on my door to say hello and let me know where the pre-departure meeting was before the trip started, and waited until we were all checked into our rooms at the other end. I cannot fault them at all - the group of us on our trip were talking about doing another tour together and requesting Servi and Clever as our crew.

The truck was a smaller overland truck and trailer (which I was worried about beforehand) but, as usual, it had all we needed and was perfect for the 6 of us on this tour.

The 'walking with the rhinos' day with Ian at Matopos, and the Hwange game drives with Andy were highlights of all my trips to Africa. Make sure you ask lots of questions and learn as much as you can - these guys are experts.

It was great to go to Mozambique and also Eastern Zimbabwe as not many companies do. The trip was a perfect mix of game drives, beaches, history and activities like bungee jumping and snorkelling.

My only note would be to make sure that those who have booked with Topdeck have all the information - on both my tours there were TopDeck travellers who seemed to have no idea what to bring/expect. It is a camping tour so you need a sleeping bag at the very least!, also DEET, money (and not just debit card), and a head torch.

I've spent all my money, and 'done' all the East and Southern Africa routes - but I will be back! :)

Date of experience: September 2019
Michelle L, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2019

Dear Emmalou2605,

Wow.... what an amazing review! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We are super glad you had such a great trip through Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe and have left with a treasure trove of memories. We will be sure to pass this amazing feedback to the crew - Servius and Clever... they will be super happy!
We hope to see you again for another African adventure soon.