“Not so happy with Cattle Baron in Brackenfell”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Cape Town, South Africa
“Not so happy with Cattle Baron in Brackenfell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Went there last night with a friend. The waitress was young and inexperienced and asked what we would like to drink without even giving us the winelist. Starters were ok, but the main dish was a disaster! My friend ordered the special (200g steak with prawns and a coke) - medium. The steak was so small, it could barely have been a 100g steak! Compared to mine it was obvious there was something missing (meat on her plate), but the waitress and managers just confirmed that it was the right size and left it there. My friend asked if she could replace the chips with onion rings. After a debate with the waitress, the manager intervened and confirmed she could. However, she was half-way through her meal when the onion rings arrived - after we asked for it for 3 times. And then a second portion of onion rings also were served!! The prawns was so soggy and overcooked, it is a disgrace! Once again we had to complain to the manager, who apologized and came back with more (of the same) soggy prawns. It was so bad, it tasted bitter!

After we finished the main course we waited and waited and waited for the waitress to bring us the desert menu. Instead she asked if she can now bring the bill. I thought that was utterly rude. When the bill came, we were charged for the onion rings (after the manager specifically said it was on the house), and indicated was that my friend was suppose to get a Coke with her meal, which she never received.

Their overall behaviour is appalling. The crockery was chipped. For a new restaurant that is unforgivable! Cattle Baron Brackenfell will never see us again!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank esmari_wium

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Loved the new Cattle Baron in Brackenfell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I went to the newly opened Cattle Baron in Brackenfell on Friday night. It was a wonderful experience. The decor is really nice & the overall restaurant is classy. Can recommend it!

• Visited August 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Okay food but unprofessional service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Went there with a friend. Made a reservation. We were seated promptly and all was fine. Waitress was very unprofessional and when asked for suggestions proceeded to tell us " dont take the chicken as it was terrible". I am a restaurant owner and I and my staff have never said that to guests! Food was okay and when my steak was not cooked correctly, the lovely manager took over and did a good job. I was also surprised that there were no toilet facilities only in the shopping centre. All in all I was dissapointed and a bit overpriced for the quality of service. Luckily my company was great and the wine too.

Bellville, South Africa
“Best Food, WORST Service EVER!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had dinner with friends one evening. The food was out of this world. Bit expensive, but truly worth the price.

My problem was with the waiting staff. Our waiter, a flamboyant gay man, was so sarcastic and down right rude, Every question was answered with him rolling his eyes, and making a scene. Some of my friends were even too scared to ask for drinks as they wouldn't want to have to deal with him.

Honestly I was close to walking out. I myself used to be waiter at a Cattle Baron during my studies. I would have never EVER served my clients in such a disgusting way.

Adriaan, you have no people skills. You are a rude and cocky waiter, no matter how delicious the food was, you spoiled a perfectly good dinner with your attitude. Your rotten attitude is going to cost this infamous franchise and this specific branch a lot of customers.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank CelebreLoup
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great new restaurant in Brackenfell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Cattle Baron has opened a franchise in Brackenfell and I must say I am impressed! The interior is very nice and creates a great ambience, especially in the evening. The service is very good as well and the food is delicious! Monday nights they have a burger special at R29 a burger and R5 a sauce and you get vegetables for the table and no corkage - amazing deal! One suggestion I would make is the music selection. Now and then "sad"/"depro" music played which spoiled the atmosphere a bit. But other than that we had a great evening and would definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014