“70 Loader st - absolute quality!”

De Waterkant Cottages
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed as a group of 4 guys at end of June for the World Cup.

Fantastic location - views overlooking signal hill, table mountain! Yet quiet enough to relax even in world cup.
Cottage had all mod cons, comy beds, jacuzzi the lot.
Loads of bars and varirt of restauarants nearby.
Staff were very helpful.

Highly recommended and would use again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2010

I apprecaited the assistance in booking during World Cup into 75 Loader Street a lovely "new" 2 bedroom 2 bath with great living space. While the prices were 2x or 3x "normal" prices I understand supply and demand. The "mini-bar" inn the full sized fridge was very nice and the prices very reasonable. Staff were very helpful in getting the WiFi working as the 3 IT gurus on the trip must have been jet-lagged. Very small issues where the ground floor toilet running on and some slow hot water to appear in the rear bedroom but all in all we would certainly return and enjoyed the property.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The answer machine voice sounds dry and sleepy the previous voice recording sounded clear and almost recording like, friendly heads up when you hate recordings. I have joined my friends on many stays and this companies previous lady Manager think her name was Rochelle whom was welcoming even remembering my group on the phone and face 2 face, friendly and so polite even when ringing at unforgiving hours because we forgot that the reception is not 24 hours now looks like there are children in the reception who on first impressions look shabby and have no people skills, prepare yourself if you are use to a distinct service:( the housekeeping staff like rummaging through your personal items too which for such a company should not be happening so use the safe facility offered.
Not negative because this location rocks and the houses are beautiful, just that when in business you do not often come across unique people and always remember one individual who offers 150% service, you do get accustomed to the special treatment.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mandylee10
DeWaterkantCottages, Owner at De Waterkant Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave the review.
We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We will do our best to change our answer phone message to a clearer recording.

I am also sorry that my staff did not meet your expectations. We are a very small company and we pride ourselves on being friendly and informal. Our intention was to make your check in as seamless as possible and I can only apologise if this was not to your liking.

Regarding a member of the cleaning staff “rummaging” through your personal items - I can assure you that this has never happened before, and I can only apologise. It is certainly not in keeping with how we treat our guests. I would appreciate it if you could get in contact with us regarding this issue as we would like to investigate this matter further.

We sincerely hope that we can welcome you back again as one of our guests and I hope that your stay will be more enjoyable next time.

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Modern, comfortable row home/condo accomodation with two bedrooms, 2 baths, eat-in kitchen and big living room. We stayed at 21 Jarvis, one of many such houses that they rent out. The place was well-placed in Cape Town, especially close to an up-scale Pic and Pay and good restaurants. Safe streets, easy parking - patrolled by a cool guy. The managers are responsive, helpful. Housekeeping good, too.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed in 23 Loader Street as recommended previously on TA. Gorgeous big building right in the heart of De Waterkant. This area is ideal if you have no car. We had headed down from Pretoria for the weekend for a rugby game and had decided to forego hiring a car as we didnt want to 'sightsee'.

This area has some fantastic restaurants and cafes and is an easy 15 minute walk to the V&A and about 10 minutes to Long street.

The rooftop is stunning with a lovely view of Table Mountain although we could not get the jacuzzi to stay hot into the late evening, although this was not a major issue.

Huge fridge, washer drier is ideal.

I would definitely recomend and we will be back here again

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I can't believe I forgot to review this when I got back - apologies. We stayed in 21 Jarvis St for 5 nights in September and I cannot praise it enough. Everything was perfect, and I mean perfect and I certainly looked at my own home on our return with a bit of contempt as I was comparing it to Jarvis St! The location is great - only 10 minutes walk to V&A, and there is a small complex next door called the Cape Quarter with a handful of restaurants, one that we really enjoyed was new and called Chenin. The chef was excellent and made us a meal to order when we asked - the steak was superb.

As far as service - couldn't be better. We were too thick to figure out the flatscreen/DVD/stereo system and thought the sound didn't work on the TV so left a message 2 or 3 days in a row. When we returned in the afternoon each time it was sorted out and a note left for us. We also mentioned that on 1 occassion the water went cold in the shower. Even though it was a national holiday, they got out the plumber and fixed it without any fuss or bother.

The kitchen was fully equiped, the fridge/freezer was plenty big enough and there was also a Weber BBQ in the courtyard (tho we didn't use it). The bedding was top-notch and the bathroom HUGE. I can go on and on about the decor and ammenities, but just look at the photos I've attached and see for yourself.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BridgetC
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Our apologies to the De Waterkant Cottage group for only writing this now, but since our visit we have been snowed under with work, but the memories of our stay keep us inspired.

On our last holiday in January 2010, we were delighted to return to De Waterkant Cottages. First stayed here in 2008 and we feel that the value and service have been excellent and even improvements from the first stay. With the new Cape Town Stadium completed I’m sure this establishment will be sought after by the soccer spectators!

It is located in the cosmopolitan Cape Town but once you are indoors you feel right at home. All the rooms are magnificently decorated and the cottage is well equipped for all one’s needs. If you feel you are not up for cooking - we were amazed to see the new Cape Quarters with all the lovely new restaurants.

The lovely managers, Tobin and Richard helped us with some suggestions for new establishments in and around Cape Town. Lovely to see they are still proudly South African! Oh, what we would give to sit on that deck with the lovely sun and pool!

We will keep returning and we feel that this establishment has played a significant part in our enjoyment of South Africa.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends