“Par Excellence”

Seelan Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #131 of 1,171 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Seelan, you are treated to a relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere that brings a slice of the Mediterranean to the Cape coast. The restaurant is inspired by the languid dining style of the South of France and recreates the joie de vivre (joy of life) of popular French restaurants. Guests can relax in contemporary décor and enjoy sweeping views of the V&A Waterfront. The restaurant exudes a natural air of charm, reflecting the harbour in front of which it is situated. The menu is inspired by the flavours of Europe and features a wide variety of authentic cuisine alongside an outstanding wine menu, including Seelan’s very own house wine, which is made locally.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our concierge Gershwin of the Cafe Royale he billed it superb and underwrote our meals: if you don't like it I'll be paying but I know I won't have to. Oh how very right he was, there were 3 couples (6 people) all people present booking were not disappointed.

We had 3 different courses and different foods WITH 3 other couple (NORMSKI & JAYNE; CHARLIE & June: Terri and myself. All 3 couples had a brilliant MEAL

There are newer reviews for Seelan Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spending a week in Cape Town I spent a lot of time in the waterfront as you do as its one of the few safe places in South Africa. I was therefor delighted to find this new restaurant which served great food with great service. I ate the lamb which was wonderful but would have loved to experiment with the fish. Maybe next time. Would recommend highly.

1  Thank Rupertbe
Reviewed April 17, 2014

In a nutshell this is what a restaurant should offer.
Food was superb and the service was outstanding. Great personal touch without being over powering.
This is definitely going to be one of my favorite restaurants and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Seelan recently opened in the Waterfront Cape Town. Finally a restaurant with sophisticated, delicious food that is not fussy and over-worked. Just excellent quality ingredients along with good service. The Maìtre d remembered what we had ordered the first time we ate there several weeks earlier!! Lovely crisp white linens, delicious food, good service. What more could one ask for?
GMoeller

Reviewed April 11, 2014

On making the reservation at Seelans restaurant for a business meeting, there was some concern as we have been let down in the past.

What can I say but....

Excellent service, excellent food!!
Fantastic business venue!
Each guest said they would return again!! Including ourselves!!

Thank you for taking care of us and making me look good :)