“Still absolutely TOP”
Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here again and everything is still at top level. The entire hotel is perfectly maintained and the level of service is above and beyond expectations. Steffi, Claire and all the staff went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable and memorable. All recommendations for tours, restaurants and all requests we had were individually and perfectly addressed. Thank you so much again for a wonderful time and definitely see you again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 677mtrav

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great trip to Cape Town on the last leg of our honeymoon.

2Inn 1 hotel were fantastic from start to finish.

They recommended trips and restaurants to help us make the most of the 5 days we were in Cape Town then booked them all for us ahead of our trip.

When we had a bad experience on one of the excursions the staff assisted us and actually sorted out a full refund for us.

Hotel itself is in a great area - at the foot of Table Mountain and looking out at the Lions Head. Quiet road but close enough to be able to walk into the city.

Hotel is beautifully furnished - lots of arty pieces throughout and a very modern feel but still very comfortable.

We didn't use the pool because our days were so jam packed there was no time, but we did spend an hour in the hot tub and we also made use of the spa treatments.

Breakfast is an absolute banquet and couldn't set you up better for the day ahead.

Great place, great hotel, exceptional staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kezbag
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I spent 3 nights at the 2-inn-1 Kennsington at the start and at the end of a 10 day trip in South Africa. I travel a lot for business and private in nice locations, but I believe this one of the best hotel experience I have had. I was particularly amazed by the standards of service and friendliness of the owner - Klaus - and his team. The location is outstanding: a nice mansion up-hill in a quiet and upscale neighborhood. It is surrounded by vegetation.
From the jacuzzi, I remember the super nice view on the Table mountain at sunset. We also had a nice view on the Lion Head mountain from our large balcony and could enjoy drinks there. The rooms are very modern and nicely decorated with a local touch and all amenities. Some are very smart, such as a small cell phone to call a taxi from their partner company after a night out.

Klaus and his team are outstanding, and make you feel welcome. On one occasion, Klaus offered me a ride to catch the last cable car going up the Table mountain.

I would definitely recommend the place. It makes you want to come back to South Africa just for that !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alain H
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Excellence comes in many forms. For the 2Inn1 Kensington, it is in terms of service and warmth. The entire staff made my wife and I feel comfortable and pampered, without being overwhelmed.

But before talking about this, let me briefly describe other aspects of this charming ten-room hotel. The room, a luxury double room, was quite nice, with a lovely balcony overlooking Lion’s Head peak that is part of Table Mountain and a park containing the prime minister’s house. The bed was large and comfortable and there was sufficient storage space for suitcases and clothes. The bathroom was more than adequate with a stand-alone shower and, again, adequate storage space for the toiletries. The breakfast was very pleasant with a substantial cold buffet containing several cereals, fruit, juices, and breads. Additionally, there was a small menu containing hot breakfasts from which to choose, as well as a daily special. The room, the breakfast, and the various common areas of the hotel, while certainly very nice and well above average, are not what puts this hotel in the excellent category.

As stated above, the service and warmth makes this hotel stand out from most others and makes it a must when traveling to Cape Town. The desire to assist in a sincere and warm manner is ingrained in every staff from the owners, Klaus and Chris, to management (Steffi and Claire), and all the other staff. The level of assistance and care can be shown by just three rather small examples. One morning I was questioning Steffi about a restaurant for dinner when Klaus, who obviously overheard our conversation, came out of the office with a copy of the menu. On another day, as I was going to the office to ask for an envelope, I ran into one of the groundskeepers/general assistants who immediately asked if he could get me a drink or provide me with any other service. Finally, the hotel provides you with a small cell phone with the phone numbers of the hotel and its preferred taxi service pre-programmed into the phone. Now, that is what I call service. Oh, and before I forget, the daily, complimentary happy hour is very pleasant and helped us meet some of the other guests.

In summary, my wife and I felt as if we had a personal concierge during our stay at the 2Inn1 Kensington.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pjlv07b
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Oh goodness, what a time in Cape Town. So glad we chose 2inn1, as the service so often mentioned in this review really came in handy.

The property itself was really lovely. Great location, secure and thoughtfully decorated. Although we found a couple small bugs in the bathroom, it was taken care of quickly and without being intrusive.

The staff at the hotel were great - friendly, personable and extremely helpful. They arranged many tours and restaurant reservations for us, and were very thoughtful when recommending destinations around the beautiful area.

My friend and I had a great time for the first 6 days. Until, in the middle of dinner on the 6th evening, I started feeling a bit queasy. It became apparent very quickly that I was suffering from food poisoning. Oh no. After an eventful trip back to the hotel, let's just say that the rest of the evening was not enjoyable for either one of us (we were sharing a room with one bathroom). I won't go into too many details here, but let me assure you it was not pretty. It got so bad that finally, in the middle of the night, my friend convinced me I needed to go to the ER.

The staff was very helpful and sympathetic. They immediately got a driver to take me to the ER that, thankfully, was very close to the hotel. When I got back to the hotel in the morning, they had offered my friend a vacant room, free of charge, for the last day and a half of our trip. They definitely did not have to do this and I was so, so grateful that they did. (I'm sure my friend was, too.) It made the last day and a half bearable for both of us. Throughout this whole time, they made sure to check on me now and again and help me with what little I could eat. I was so thankful to be at this small, boutique hotel with personal service and I felt very well taken care of.

So. That's my story. Yes, the property is beautiful. Yes, the happy hour is great. But what makes any place shine are the people, and in this case, the people were amazing. I'd recommend this to anyone taking a trip to Cape Town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank jme1220
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was worried that, having read all the reviews, that my expectations would be set too high for 2 inn 1 - they were not and the hotel lived up to all reviews.
We were there for 4 nights 9- 12 May and met both wpbakerbill and ronvoyage whose reviews are already in - I agree with everything they say and add: my husband's birthday on 10th, at breakfast Steffi, Klaus and all the staff came out with a cake and a bottle of champagne, and sang happy birthday twice - in English & Afrikkans - a wonderful way to start his birthday. Nothing was too much trouble - the hotel is exceptional.
When we left Steffie, Klaus and Liston stood on the pavement waving us off - it felt like we were leaving our friends house. I cannot recommend 2Inn1 highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great Atmosphere !! The rooms are great. The shower is very nice . The beds are great !! It is a few miles from downtown which is nice and Quiet. The food is very good. I would love to go back and stay a week. The staff is excellent. There are no negatives about this Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. We stayed in one of the front rooms.