“Awesome”
Review of 2Inn1 Kensington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town
2Inn1 Kensington
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My adult daughter and I stayed here for 7 days in early May. Great and friendly service, beautiful, well kept, and very clean. Location is convenient and within walking distance of Upper Kloof restaurants and shops. We really made new friends with all of the staff and management. Gave us the attention we needed to understand and enjoy all of Cape Town area. I would not hesitate to give my highest recommendation to the 2Inn1 Kensington.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I just returned from South Africa and Cape Town. We stayed at 2inn1 for 4 nights and what a wonderful experience. Klaus, Chris, Clair and Steffi were more than helpful. They were all so friendly and welcoming. The accommodations were very clean, comfortable and complete. The breakfast was superb! I don't know if we'll ever return to Cape Town but if we do, 2inn1 is where we will stay. Mahalo for a memorable stay

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank naluli
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Seriously, my husband and I did not want to leave this slice of Heaven. Claus and Christophe, the owners, have this place running like a perfect timepiece. Their team never seems to leave a stone unturned and have a keen eye and ear to anticipate your needs. From the moment you arrive to the time you must say goodbye, the owners and staff make you feel like family.

Upon arrival of our week long stay, Steffi greeted us with a local cell phone (a super nice perk), a delicious gin & tonic, and our itinerary for the week along with maps and detailed descriptions of all our excursions and restaurant menus. It was incredibly impressive and much appreciated to have all those details taken care of.

The finer details from a cell phone programmed with important local phone numbers (like a recommended taxi service) to umbrellas in the rooms to a heated floor in the room and bathroom are just part of the package. Our room had a particularly amazing view of Table Mountain and Lion's Head. Every morning we had either a gourmet made-to-order breakfast or ate from the yummy breakfast bar making it a perfect, relaxing way to start the day. Whatever your plans are for the day, Steffi and/or Claire are there to help get your day started.

You get the warm feeling from all the staff who seem to love what they do and want all of us to have the best care. It is apparent that Claus and Christophe are fabulous employers.

A couple of stand-out situations to mention, one day while walking around town shopping, we got caught in a driving rain. We kept walking thinking we were going in the right direction to get back to 2Inn1 and felt we were close. We called on our provided cell phone to get more specific directions and Claus answered . He told us he knew where we were and to stay put for he would pick us up in his car. He arrived within 3 minutes and whisked us back to 2Inn1. It was quite a nice thing to do. He could have easily told us how to get back on own or called us a taxi, but he chose to go the extra mile to help us. That is the kind of place this is.

One night, we decided not to go out to dinner since we were tired from a long day, Claire fixed us the best meal on the fly. I believe her shift was done, but she stayed to make sure we had dinner.

It is these kindnesses that speak volumes about this spectacular gem of a boutique hotel. If there was a way to give more than 5 stars, I would. We plan to go back one day.

Room Tip: Our room was on the upper floor up from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ATLAdventurer2010
Reviewed May 23, 2013

No better can be asked for, perfect fusion of attentive service in immaculate settings and the unobtrusive modern conveniences. During a couple of decades crossing the globe this must count as one of the finest five.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank MargotFonteyn
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had the most amazing stay in Cape Town for our honeymoon last year, and this was mostly due to Steffi's hospitality and 2Inn1! From the moment we arrived, Steffi, Claire and the rest of the team helped us with activities, recommendations and restaurant bookings.
Everything was absolutely perfect from breakfast, our room, the location and each of the amazing dinners we enjoyed.
I hope that we're able to come back to Cape Town one day and stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucyineuro
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I feel like I am just repeating everyone else's comments, but we could not have been happier with our choice for 5 nights in Cape Town (thanks TripAdvisor!). I had been in contact with Steffi before we arrived about whether we needed to plan anything in advance and she kept saying "don't worry, we'll do it when you get here" - and while I admit I was a bit nervous (sorry Steffi!), I had absolutely nothing to worry about! From the moment we walked in after 5 days in safari (and afraid I would be too sad missing the animals!), Steffi settled us in and planned out our next 4 days to perfection. As others have said - the breakfast was fantastic, the house quaint and adorable, and the happy hours a great way to meet other guests and we very much enjoyed getting to know Steffi, Klaus, and Claire (among others!). We loved every minute of our stay in Cape Town (even with a couple of days with not so great weather) and firmly believe that is in large part to our stay at 2inn1. I have realized with all of their repeat guests that the next time we come visit we will have to plan far in advance to get a room - I am certainly glad we did this time! Thanks to all of you for making us feel like family, and 2inn1 our home that we were always glad to get back to at the end of the day. :) We miss you already! Beth and Brendan

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bethie331
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 2inn1 for 3 nights in the beginning of May. As the other reviewers have pointed out, this place is second to none. You can feel and see the staff's dedication to their jobs and love for what they do in every moment you spend at the hotel. They make you feel as if you are the only guests they have. Your wishes are anticipated and attended to immediately. Their knowledge of the area ensures that you get the best of the time you spend in Cape Town. They make reservations for restaurants, book your entry tickets online, call the taxis and simply make sure that while you are in their care, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
The quality of the rooms, the amenities, the pool, the delicious breakfast, the attention to details, the gorgeous views of the Table Mountain from the reception are just the topping on a very delicious cake named 2inn1.

Steffi, Claire, Claus and your wonderful staff, thank you for making our stay in Cape Town an unforgettable experience! And thank you for a special touch of wishing my husband a Happy Birthday! That memory will stay with us forever. We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family