We stayed at the Southern Sun in July, on a 3 centre Virgin holiday from the UK.
We upgraded from what was given in the brochure and very pleased that we did. The location was fab, near to the V&A waterfront, and all city attractions. Hotel provides a shuttle bus to the waterfront that leaves every half an hour, up till 11pm, we used this all the time for going out in the evening for a meal.
The rooms there are lovely, all facilities you need, sep bath and shower, comfy beds with nice duvets.
Breakfast eat all you want buffet had a great range of food, similar to what you would get on an all inclusive 5* hotel.
The hotel was used by a lot of business guests, but this is good, as it makes the staff extremely efficient and courteous. Reception were very helpful, any probs they will sort immediately, the concierge deserves a mention, they will book your tours, advice on weather, taxis, any info you want really. And its open 24 hours.
If going out in evening, V&A had a wide range of different restaurants and a shopping mall to have a mooch around, also cinema (very cheap by UK standards!), lots of coffee shops. A supermarket for those late night snacks and toiletries you might need. Evening meals in restaurants was of a very high standard, 3 course meal with bottle of good S African wine, drinks and tip was average £25. Recommend The Greek Fisherman and Societe which is voted best by the locals for something a little extra special and romantic.
Whilst in Cape Town, we did Table Mountain, White Shark cage diving at Gansbaai (recommend White Shark Ecoventures - look at their website, booked from UK), full day tour to Cape Point, Stellanbosch. Recommend the aquarium for a couple of hours to chill out looking at fish!
One thing I'd like to say about the safety situation, well, we didn't see anything to comprimise your safety, okay, we were sensible and stayed to well populated areas, don't go out on your own at night etc, but I was a bit worried about this before going and not once whilst I was there did I feel threatened or concerned about anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa