A disastrous start to our stay at this hotel. We were a large group disembarked from a ship. The hotel was not ready for us and left us in the lobby with our luggage. The room were not ready, we would just have been glad to see our luggage securely stored so that we could leave the hotel and explore Cape Town. Was happy to do this and check in later in the day. It took some time for this to be organised. We returned later in the day, after having spent the day at the waterfront, and was checked into a really comfortable pleasant room. We were on the 8th floor, obviously one of the refurnished rooms. Two double beds, new furnishings, flat screen TV, fridge and hospitality tray. Large clean bathroom with walk in shower and bath. We spent most of our stay out and about inCape Town but we used the bar area and had a bar meal. Excellent service, first class meal, and good price. The breakfast had plenty of choice, lots of very pleasant and helpful staff. The shuttle bus to the waterfront was always busy but as a free service to guests and a pleasant service, w weren't in a rush and it was really in expensive to use a taxi if needed.. Southern Star met all our needs for this short stay in Cape Town and we would stay there again. Loved Cape Town, stunning views from Table Mountain. Best deal of all is the hop on hop off bus....its a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa