We stayed here during our brief stay in Cape Town. We were very happy with the hotel and you got what you paid for. The place was clean and the staff very attentive, the room was what you expect from a city centre hotel.
We choose this for location and it is right by Long Street where there is a number of bars and restuarants. It is a 5 min drive from the VA Harbour and they provide a shuttlebus every half an hour, with the last one leaving the harbour at 11.15pm. We would recommend if catching this last bus to get there for just after 11pm as once it did leave 5 mins early. A slight dissapointment was when the bus did not run one morning and we were going to be late for a trip we booked. However when I spoke to the staff they informed me that the bus had broken down and one of the staff drove us to the Harbour. There is a charge for the shuttle bus but as we were on our honeymoon we got this free, including a free bottle of wine and chocolates (nice touch).
Breakfast is amazing and I have experienced such a wide selection of food on offer!
Lastly, I want to say what a great place Cape Town is and don't be put off by all the negative media. We certainly felt safe at the Harbour and exploring downtown, where there are a number of security marshalls around.
In summary, a good hotel and you get what you paid for.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa