The positives: Nice, helpful staff, good breakfast buffet, convenient location (near the CTICC and reasonably close to the Waterfront). I had a massage in the tiny salon, and have to say that it was an excellent experience.
But...The windows are single-paned, which means lots of noise from the exterior (ask for a room away from the road) and the sense that the window isn't properly shut. The rooms need to be refreshed, as the wallpaper and fixtures are a bit tired. The personal supplies in the bathrooms were lacking (for a hotel that claims to be a 4-star, this seemed quite hopeless). There was no minibar, no robe, no slippers...for someone staying for an extended period, this was a problem, especially as the carpets didn't look very fresh. Wi-Fi was outrageously expensive, which makes no sense in this day and age, and one has to log on again and again. Why offer a shuttle to the Waterfront, and then charge for it? A taxi costs the same and is less of a hassle.
I stayed here on business, but would not return if I were to come on holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful sunsets over the Atlantic Ocean assist in making the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town a preferred business and holiday destination. A mere 15 minutes' drive from Cape Town International Airport, a 5 minute walk from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) and within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront, this hotel is superbly located to offer every guest easy access to the sights and sounds of Cape Town. Breathtaking views of Table Mountain can be enjoyed from rooms that offer all the quality and comfort you would expect from a full service hotel. Offering guests a fitness centre, a pool and convenient meeting rooms and a business centre, the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town caters for all possible business or leisure traveller needs.Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, these Waterfront hotel rooms offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape from the bustling energy of Cape Town. The decor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp. Smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests. The Yizani Restaurant is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Southern Sun Waterfront
- Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town South Africa