Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$168
$146
Hotels.com
$115
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
  • Breakfast included
$183
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$126
$114
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$740
$418
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$240
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$653
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$190
$150
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$538
$427
Agoda.com
2,259 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a lovely stay in this Hotel,Good location, free suttle bus to the waterfront,Staff was excellent very friendly, our room was on the 6th floor with a poor view of the mountain would of been better a higher level room, Breakfast is excellent, we didn't have the correct plug adaptor but we where able to get one from the concierge desk you just leave a small deposit which you get back when returned.We would go into the bar after the evenings out and the staff are really nice and friendly price of drink is very reasonable for a hotel.We used Ulungele tours for our airport transfers excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on TrupAdvisor.

It is pleasing to hear that that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future when you visit Cape Town.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have always thought from the outside - what a beautiful hotel and what a perfect location! No wonder my excitement when I learned I would be staying there over a weekend. My first impressions were great - overall the hotel looked stunning, the staff was friendly and accomodating. However, my disappointment was not with the service from the staff but rather from the hotel ammentities. I felt like I was stuck in the dark ages when I learned that wi-fi was not complimentary. Also, the fact that the rooms had no: fridge, or iron. Also, the fact that the room hosted one two-pin plug point was very disappointing, and with that, the ordacity to charge a fee to get another two-pin was appauling! Overall - I will not be staying there again, there are cheaper, nicer hotels with ammenities and I suggest that they buck up and get into the 21st century because people will not stand for that anymore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TarrynJHB
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to confirm that the hotel will be undergoing extensive room rennovations as well the upgrade on our wi-fi facilities during this year, which will further enhance on our guest experience.

Once again we appreciate your honesty in reviewing our hotel and we assure you that we do take all our guest responses seriously to allow us to improve on our service and standards so that our guests enjoy a memorable experience.

We hope that we will be able to have you back with us during the year once our rennovations have been complete so that you can experience the improved facilities.

Klaus

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. My company paid for the hotel room so I'm not sure about how much it cost them. But the staff was excellent. There were lots of people to help me. The concierge desk was very helpful when my luggage did not arrive on time. They made all the calls to the airline and were able to track down my baggage. I had a very nice room on the 14th floor, with a very good view of the city. I thought the food was very good. We ate some buffets during lunch time and for breakfast as well. I ordered room service twice and I very much like the sandwiches that they offered. The hotel is a short walk from the waterfront, so it is very nicely located.

Room Tip: just ask the receptionist for a room on the 14th floor with a view of the ocean. They also have views of the city, if you want that.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive remarks about our concierge desk and the good food.

We hope that we will see you back soon when your visit Cape Town again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Thanks a lot for hotel management and security manager specially! Help a lot to sort out problems ( credit card robbery in the city). Finally got my money back!
Friends ! Be carefully to use a credit cards in the city and use safe place for cash and documents inside the room. All the best!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrey P
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review posted on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to hear what happened and are glad that our team was able to assist you with sorting out the issue.

We look forward to welcome you back to Southern Sun Waterfront soon.

Klaus

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a great time, from our coffees in the lounge area, to the fantastic breakfast feast in the morning. The staff were great on Christmas day "delivering" Father Christmas's gifts to my daughter on Christmas day.
My only complaints would be the room felt a little dark and closed in, and the room service a little slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanine v
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations. Your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff.

Regarding your room, we would like to confirm that the hotel will be undergoing an extensive rennovation on our rooms during the year.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Southern Sun Waterfront in the near future.

Kind regards