Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
$187
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$762
$733
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$752
$427
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$549
$429
Agoda.com
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$154
$144
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$197
$160
Priceline
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
$184
$92
Priceline
2,263 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is centrally located and it is easily accessible to all major locations.

I loved the breakfast at this hotel but I will still choose cullinan over waterfront.

Service is average and parking is not the most cleanest of places.

Rooms are nice and spacious.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank RanjitKodali
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we appreciate your valuable feedback that will allow us to continuously improve on our service delivery.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Southern Sun Waterfront in the near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night only. Upon checking in I asked for a room on floor 7 or up. I recommend that you make this request and specifically ask for a sea facing room. I stayed in room number 1049. The view from this room is beautiful.

The room was not large but a desk and chair and another chair for relaxing are provided. The room has a flat screen television. Some snacks were provided on arrival and the chocolate treats were divine. Cupboard space is adequate and plenty of drawer space is provided.

The bathroom has a shower and bath. This is one of the few hotels that still provide bath foam.

I can not fault the service and had a lovely breakfast the next morning.

I have to mention that the decor in the room is uninspiring. Please also note that this hotel is not within walking distance from the V&A Waterfront in my opinion is this is important to you. A very short drive will get you there.

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room on floor 7 and up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CuriousMeerkatjie
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience and in particular the view from your room. The hotel is situated at the entrace to the V&A Waterfront (5 minute drive and 15 minute walk) and we do have a scheduled shuttle which runs to and from the hotel on a regular basis from the morning until late evening.

The hotel will also be undergoing a soft room refurbishment in the very near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Thank you kindly for accommodating me very late the night. The night Manager was professional and extremely helpful. I requested a room change and it was done in seconds. My account was ready at reception within minuets after I arrived at the front desk and I was on my way quickly. The only negative aspect is the lank of parking assistance. Although basic the room was clean, comfortable and more than adequate. If electrical outlets can perhaps be provided at closer to the bed that would have made my experience magic. Thank you again. A lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Francoise J

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations. Your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at hotel with my wife. Room 627.  From october 18 to 22. When we were packing to leave the hotel, we realized that US$ 900 were robbed from our safe. While we were out of the hotel for the tours, we always kept the safe locked. Someone broke the code and took our money. We informed the manager Cecile. We know that is possible to check what time the safe were opened and if were at the hotel at the same time. He said that you were going to investigate, but I heard anything from them until now.
If it is not safe to keep your money at the locker, what a guest should do? Never visit a hotel like this.
My worst experience at a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Rafa-Pecora
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Southern Sun Waterfront has a brilliant location some 10 - 15 minutes walk from the V& A Waterfront with all the shops and restaurants as well as offering a complimentary shuttle.
The public areas look very good - but the rooms - at least the room we had whilst perfectly adequate was not large and reaching the point where redecoration was called for. - Typical Holiday Inn standard in the UK.
Breakfast must be one of the best we had during our time in South Africa, both in terms of the quality and choice, and the quality of service outstanding throughout - such a relief to be there after our stay at Pepper Club !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saxeldgmn
Klaus A, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet which we are always proud to display to our guests.

The hotel acknowledges your comments regarding the redecoration of our rooms and will be upgrading in the very near future.