Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Protea Hotel Cape Town North Wharf(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Urban Hip Icon Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
The New Tulbagh Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Capetonian Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Rockwell All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
2,226 results
All reviewsevery half hourshuttle bustsogo sunshuttle serviceconcierge deskbreakfast buffetwater frontbusiness tripeasy accessbusiness hotelstayed here for nightsenjoyed my staytable mountainsouth africalong streetwaterfrontcticc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice hotel but nothing special. Like any other business hotel. And although it is close to the waterfront, it isn't waterfront. You have to take a shuttle to get to the waterfront shops.
Staff was helpful but the concierge told me we couldnt get tickets to Robben Island unless we stood and waited for cancellations. I went anyway and found there were tons of tickets available. I don't think he wanted to go to the trouble of purchasing them for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveTraveling56
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is valuable feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously improve our service delivery.

Our concierge desk certainly do assist guests in making online reservations for the Robben Island Tour. There are however many instances when the schedule is "sold out" on the website and the hotel has been informed that the only way our guests will be able to secure a seat on the ferry will be to go down to the Robben Island office to await any cancelations.

Unfortunately the hotel is reliant on the accurate information supplied by the Robben Island office and their website. The Robben Island same day booking policy for their website also does not allow one to make a booking and our guests are therefore advised to go down to the Robben Island office to pay directly for same day tours.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Southern Sun Waterfront in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last November, as we organised a conference in the close International Convention Centre. Rooms are good and clean, the bed is really comfortable!
Breakfast is excellent, with a wide choice of freshly cooked food.
The staff is really helpful: they gave me South African plugs for my laptop and even an iron.
The restaurant is good but the service is so slow!
Location is really good: you can go to the waterfront in 10 minutes walk.
Recommended!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank zmyrna
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations. Your feedback will certainly be shared amongst our team to ensure service levels are maintained at high levels and also improved on in other areas where necessary.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I like the staff at this hotel, they're always friendly and helpful whenever I visit. The hotel is a good location for walking to the Waterfront area or the hotel does offer a free shuttle to take you there and pick you up.

Because of the superb location I have to admit I have only ever eaten breakfast in the hotel and I must say itis very good.

Positives: Large, clean comfortable rooms with amazing pillows.

Negetives: No fridge in the room (I like to take steaks home with me from SA) and set your own alarm for wake up calls as twice I have stayed here and there has been mishaps.

All in all I have to say that the staff really make this stay. Well done, keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lollie84
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that we were able to deliver on your expectations. Your positive feedback is an encouragement for all the staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Check-on/out was great, bell hops excellant/resurant staff experienced & plentiful. Free shuttle to Waterfront great. Bar staff freindly & accomodating. The whole experience in Cape Town was fantastic. Throughly recommended.

Room Tip: The room we were given was on 10th floor. The A/C unit was noisey, the road noise was also bad if the window was opened. However we did enjoy our stay. The service was excellant & breakfast amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tigga47
HotelManagement_10, Manager at Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to see that your overall stay was an enjoyable experience. Your comments will certainly be used to address certain issues to improve on our standards.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good location,not far from airport,very helpful and smiling south african-style,nice weather as always,the cleanliness is acceptable,room service was quick and tasty,comfy bed,easy to get around.....But what's wrong with the front desk staff? they are so helpful and not really smiling..If the hotel need to improve something,they might need to consider put more staff at the reception desk especially at the changing shift time..!

I was trying to pay the bill before check out as i do not wanna rush or queue up at the last minute but bad timing... 2 staff were there closing shift and the answer when i asked to pay my bill was " Do you mind wait,madame? as we are changing shift and I have already closed my account,the new person will be here in about 5 minutes...I just went back to the room without paying a bills because i see no point waiting..

And we dont really care if you are changing shift. What we care is the service should be 24 hours! it's a front desk...!!!

When i get to paid the bill,finally. The guy who checked me out give me back the change with the question" I dont have 1 Ran coin,is it ok madame? " well,he said he doesn't have it. Does he leave me choice to say no?...

Well,after all this,I just wanna share with you that if you are use to the system of American-every-single-cent system...You wouldn't like this..Be prepare..!

Room Tip: i like the corner room..you have 2 sides of view from windows.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yadita

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the service inconsistencies you experienced at the front desk during your recent stay with us. This is definitely not our standard and the issues you highlighted are being addressed.