“Fantastic meal, great vibe”
Review of Chefs Warehouse

Chefs Warehouse
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2018

We went here by chance as we had some time to spare before a show at the Fugard Theater. I usually prefer to phone ahead to make sure a restaurant can accommodate my no-gluten request, but we took a chance and were not disappointed. We loved the tapas style menu and every single dish we were given was a surprise of flavors, textures and colors. I loved the contrast between superior quality food in a super relaxed setting of long tables shared with strangers (don't stress, you do not need to interact with the people at the other end of your table). The also sell a fabulous variety of spices & condiments. I visited with a friend and can't wait to take my husband here for him to experience it as well.

1  Thank CorneCapeTown
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

While you enter this place through a shop that specialises in cooking/kitchen accoutrements and walk through to a dining area surrounded by quality ingredients it’s the service, menu and dishes that standout here.

No bookings means you need to time it well as the space is limited although staff are quick to squeeze you in.

The eight course shared menu is provided in 3 servings and is more than enough for the average appetite. Each serving is beautifully presented and the ingredients are premium quality. We loved the contemporary flavour pairings and think the meal is good value at 700 rand a head + a varied wine selection by the glass or bottle.

1  Thank ggandse
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Just when you think it can’t get any better, it does! Brilliant food and excellent service. Special mention to Jordan - a great waitron. Our foreign guests love it too!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This must have been one of the best dining experiences I ever had.

Each dish that gets presented burst with flavors.

The highlight was the smoked chocolate mousse.

Last but not least the backdrop of the franshoek mountains makes the views picture perfect.

We were one of the first people that arrived and the last to leave. In short afternoon well sent.

Amazing chef, host and staff. A truly unforgettable dining experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I invited my sisters in laws to join us for lunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. Due to the price , we shared tapas for two among four of us ( ordering 4 portions seemed extravagant and boastful) Despite this, we all left satiated. The flavours were fabulous, some unusual.