“My incredible fusion of flavours in a cosy, intimate, friendly space”
Review of Chefs Warehouse

Chefs Warehouse
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very happy to have discovered this restaurant. Have eaten there a number of times and have never been able to fault any of the most incredible, unique tapas I've ever tried. Asian, French, italian, continental......every dish so different. Be early as they don't take bookings but one can hang out on the bar waiting for a table. Very friendly service and will be trying their street food concept next door later in the week as heard very good things about that. Last night fell in love with the pulled duck salad. Wow! Punchy Vietnamese flavours. And paired beautifully with a lothian vineyard Pinot noir.

1  Thank leesapeters
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had lunch here on Wednesday and the selection of tapas served was sensational. Lunched here again on Friday and although still good the selection contained a number of fish dishes, some raw and also a steak tartare, one of our guests could not eat fish so rather disappointing .
Sitting outside on the pavement is also a joy as is the attentive and friendly staff. The inside is is not my first choice.
The price of R300 for 2 is exceptionally good value.

1  Thank lechatelat
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here for the third time today and I am not the guy who normally runs to write a good or bad review. I believe if the restaurant can charge the prices, they must deliver on quality and overall experience, no big deal right? Then there are the very special places that you visit that have that real wow factor where everything just clicks into place, things just all flow into each other making a simple dinner an amazing experience. This experience was one of those, actually, 3 visits so 3 amazing experiences. We had the tapas to share I think it was 280 rand, really very underpriced for what we had, I won't start going into detail about every dish we had but all I will say is each dish was better than the other, I think we shared 7 or 8 dishes and left on cloud 9, a really fantastic experience in both food and service and I urge all of you to get there fast while you can as once the tourists arrive I predict weeks to get a seat!

2  Thank ConradGallagher
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for an afternoon drink after a half day tour.

Good
- Saturday: pretty much the only food they offer is an eight course tapas for two people. It's R300. Saturday special!
- Service: everyone is very attentive and we actually had multiple people bring out our drinks and dishes.
- Seating: indoor and outdoor. That says it all.
- Location: it's on Bree Street, that happening adult street of Cape Town.
- Really great restaurant and a kitchen supply store all-in-one. Can't ask for more.

We didn't actually have the tapas or the food but the beer and the tea and the chocolate fondant (chocolate lava cake) dessert were amazing; great presentation.

No complaints here. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The restaurant looks as if they put 3 long tables in a store- no atmosphere and not terribly comfortable seating. You are sharing a table with other diners, and there is only one offering- the tapas of the day. If you have shellfish allergies be aware that several of the tapas were octopus/squid which limited the choices for one of our guests.

Excellent value, excellent food!

1  Thank nytravell