“A superb guest house”

Wilton Manor Guest House
Ranked #28 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
“A superb guest house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A very friendly, helpful staff, beautifully clean, great breakfasts. We were made to feel very welcome and this was our home for a week. An old house with charm which has been superbly renovated. We were well looked after.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emma E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights and loved it. The rooms are spacious and stylish and the breakfast is lovely. The location is central and a 15 min walk from the va waterfront? The staff are charming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jessica H
Krefeld, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at Wilton Manor for 5 nights end of Feb/early Mar'13 with our 4Y old son. We had a very good time there and were happy with our choice. The staff was very, very nice and helpful. You can definitely bring children there. They have some parrots that walk around the breakfast area and sometimes even speak. Our son liked them a lot and was trying to speak to them...obviously with a German to English language barrier :-)

Room - we stayed in the family room (#9) which theoretically has its own entry from the street but we didn't use it as we preferred walking through the main gate. It has an own terrace with BBQ facilities. This room fits a kingsize bed and a single bed in a kind of "cave" under the bathroom which is on the split-level floor. Especially nice for kids to "hide" there. Room was spacious and clean, beds comfy. The bathroom was kind of open to the bedroom with just a glass-front in between and no door. Didn't bother us. Aircon in the room. As this room has old huge wooden windows and old wooden door which looks nice, it can though be sometimes a bit noisy from cars driving by (but this is a very narrow road so we didn't care) or the other guests going for breakfast. But this is specific to this room. We would still choose this room again!

Breakfast - a good variety on cereals, eggs, fruitsalad, bacon, sausage, savory pancakes, toast, juice, coffee, tee, milk. Staff is very friendly and our son is missing Victoria who was most often serving us breakfast. We could sit outside next to the pool which we liked. Parrots walking by was appreciated by the little one.

Location - located in a quiet, safe and residential area. On-site secure parking available. Just 5-6min drive to V&A Waterfront (could possibly wlak also in c 15min), 8min to downtown, 10min to Table Mountain Cable Car (try to book your tickets at the guesthouse as it safes you the first queue for buying tickets at the cable car station!), 15min to Camps Bay.

Others - the entire guesthouse was nicely decorated and well taken care of. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the "open honesty bar". In the dining area they have a huge fridge with cold drinks (water, soda, coke, wine, beer, etc) for the guest. You can take your drink from there, mark it on a list (please be honest as you don't have this trust a lot globally) and pay at the end of your stay. Prices were very reasonable. This guesthouse is very child-friendly with a small pool, nice staff, parrots (but a few stairs).

We had a good and relaxing stay, felt safe and well looked after by the team. Many thanks again for the great hospitality and we would come again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andreas B
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our taxi driver had quite some trouble finding this guesthouse - we had to get the map out and then I had to show him how to get there, so if you're arriving from the airport, print a map before you come over here.

This guesthouse us really well presented. The interiors are quite stunning and we felt at home immediately.
The breakfast was very good and we had a full choice of what to order. All the staff were very nice to us and we got a lot of help from them too about where to go in Cape Town and what to see. The guests were also very helpful - thank you to the lady in reception on the first day who told me to go Great White Shark watching. I didn't do it. Far too scary.

However, as a base in Cape Town, this place is really good. You can walk down to the main street of Green Point where there are plenty of bars and restaurants. Feels like a very safe neighbourhood too, which is always a bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abeyboy
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed in Wilton Manor for a couple of days for a meeting. I was on my own. The decoration in the house and the rooms is amazing. My room was huge, with a huge bed. my bathroom had a shower, no bathtub but they have rooms with tub. The breakfast is really nice, on the terrasse, you have a buffet with a new south african dish every morning (chili-fish), eggs, cakes and delicious pancakes. You can also have your beakfast in the dining room to chat with other guess. You have a fridge for guests, you can take your bottle and just have to print your room number to pay at the end of the stay. The swimming pool is quite small, just enough to refresh after a warm day in the city. Location is quite well, not so far from the seefront (10min walk), I did jogging several times, and there are some nice bars and restaurant on the main street next to the hotel. You will probably have to take a cab or a car to go to the waterfront (30min walk) or the downtown. The most impressive thing is the kindness of everybody. From the morning to the evening, everybody will try to help : I could not find a cab to go to a party, they found me a friend with a car to bring me there, it was the other side of the town. They arranged all my tours prefectly. The last day, I could go in a room and have a shower before leaving for the airport. The Chef and Nadine especially were really helpful. So I recommand Wilton Manor for all thoses who appreciate an amazing decoration, human warmth and occasions to make acquaintance with other people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Marie Josee R
Locarno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was very good at Wilton Manor Guest House: all those who work there are very nice and do all they can for you to feel like at home. The rooms are big and nice, always clean, maybe a bit noisy because the building is an old wooden structure, but for me ok. The breakfast food was always fresh and well done. I also loved its location in the picturesque narrow roads of Green Point. This was my second time, and I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Stefano_Locarno
Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I loved ppl there.they hosted me so nice .I am planning to go again.Location is so great that I was very happy to be in greenpoint and very close to waterfront mall and seapoint ,coast ,table mountain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business