1,071 results
All reviews shark cage long street trendy hotel table mountain standard room bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront lofts executive laptop rand ct sa uber
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

it was a wonderful experience with classic services, neat and meets your demand,and its location is at a place whereby accessing the city was at convenience. good meals both international and local to make you feel home away from home. awesome

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Albert S, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Chuks p

GUESTS' perceptions of the service they receive whilst staying with Protea Hotels is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to complete trip advisor review during your stay with us, and to assure you that your comments are being used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our service standards and facilities.

We were delighted to receive your commendations about the impressive service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott Cape Town and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any further assistance you may require in future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Always happy to stay at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice when I attend the Design Indaba Design conference each year around end of February/ early March. Stay in the design world, and enjoy a discount as a patron of the conference! A plus, the hotel is conveniently located a couple of miles from the Convention Center and Artscape where the conference is held.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Emmanuelle

Thank you for completing your trip advisor review during your stay with us. We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.
Your interest and positive feedback are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you Protea Hospitality at its best!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

The Protea Fire and Ice in Tamboerskloof is a fairly standard hotel, but I was lucky to be upgraded to an executive suite. The bedroom is in a loft with the lounge below and has a spacious feeling. It was a very comfortable stay. They serve delicious breakfast with the boerewors my favorite.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Kobus

Thank you for taking the time to complete your on-line survey and to write down your additional positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel Fire Ice by Marriott Cape Town.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade and our breakfast and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated our front office and kitchen department for doing such an outstanding job!

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott Cape Town again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Really disappointed with what this hotel has become. Quite a few untrained staff... walk in guests seem to get more attention than guests staying at the hotel. The entire theme of fire and ice has been lost. Hotel set up is rather formal. No longer that unique, funky, vibey hotel that it was a few years ago. The entire plot of being a fire and ice hotel has been lost... however I must admit those milkshakes were amazing and hats off to the assistant GM. Did not get his name... however I won't visit again..

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Vishen

I refer to the review that you kindly completed during your stay with us. We wish to assure you that your feedback about your service experience at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott Cape Town is viewed in a serious light.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay. Your experience of the service delivery overall most certainly does not reflect the high standard that Protea Hotel Fire & Ice is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that your concerns have been addressed and that corrective action is being taken to rectify the shortcomings.

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure whether or not we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS' expectations. We need to know when we have done right, but more importantly, when we have done wrong! Your feedback has therefore been truly invaluable to us. Should you require any further assistance from our side, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 22, 2018

When I first visited the Fire Ice Hotel, it was a hotel with a lot of charm. The decor was different from your average hotel. However this time all that has changed. None the less we don't mind as long as their food and milkshake remains delicious. We went and dined at their restaurant and was not disappointed. The food was delicious and generous portions for the amount of food. The one thing that remains the same all these time is there delectable milkshakes. I would love to give them a five but whats stopping is their service. The waitress who served was friendly wit a big smile but the service despite it being to busy seems a bit slow and not as attentive then we would have like.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family