Stayed at this hotel for a week. I was hesitant because of the area. Although it is very central and close to everything, I was told to look out and be careful of the area at night. When I arrived in the evening to check in, I got parking in the street right in front of the hotel. And as I was getting my luggage from the car a 'street person' approached me and offered to help with my luggage. Before I could even answer a gentleman from the staff came out to help, and warned me to not leave my car in the street. While I was checking in, someone parked my car in the hotels' parkade, my luggage was unwrapped and everyone at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Very nice room with little balcony, nice coffee/tea tray and funky and fresh interiors. Parking availability was a problem on the nights when I returned late. Overall a very very nice stay with really awesome staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Marriott, Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town