I love Protea, I normally ask for Protea hotel first, but after my last two Protea experiences, I am not sure.
The Protea fire and ice Cape Town has a phenomenal decor and looks great.
On my return at nights the lobby felt like a tavern, noisy and loud.
The welcome by the desk staff was poor and unprofessional, I stood around for a long time, messed around and asked for my credit card twice. I felt let down and had the impression that these were all students.
On my last day I phoned down to reception to request an hour longer for check out, I was put through to three different people explained my situation got told they needed to speak to the manager, then I got put through to the next person who could not give an answer , the last person said he needed to speak to his manager asked a bunch of questions, then glibly told me no I could not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town