While the staff were professional and very keen and the food was good, the hotel loft apartments were a major dissapointment. The apartments were well furnished but absolutely no attention has been given to sound proofing with the result that you dont get any sleep. For 4 nights I had to hear some Bimbo with her high heels clip clopping up and down the tiles floor (at 11h30pm) or people moving furniture around upstairs, on top of been woken up at 4am due to a faulty alarm panel. But the cherry on top was that each time someone used the toilet or showered you would hear an avalanche of water in the plumbing system that would shock you awake. To pay almost R6k for 4 nights is a complete rip off and this is probably an excellent example of badly built warehouse conversions (probably rushed to completion for the 2010 world cup) where more attention has been paid to looks rather than build quality. The area outside the hotel can be classed a light commercial and while very central, I didnt feel comfortable walking around on my own. On the whole not a good experience and one that I wouldnt recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the lobby of this edgy Tamboerskloof, Cape Town hotel, you will be greeted by the welcoming sounds of deep house lounge beats and immersed into a world of best GUEST service known to mankind. Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town is ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town and a mere 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. Set within walking distance of tourist attractions such as the hip night life of Long Street as well as 15 minutes from Cape Town's famous beaches, Camps Bay and Clifton. Mingle with fellow GUESTS and locals at the renowned Communal Table, or enjoy our crisp glass bar, a coffee brewery by day and party ticket by night featuring signature cocktails. Our snug yet sexy rooms are modern and trendy and features all the bells and whistles needed to ensure the comfiest stay. Your cheeky bedroom, ranging from 18 m² - 23 m² (remember that saying about dynamite?) comes standard with the most comfortable king size beds and is the base from which you can explore our slick social spaces and beautiful Mother City This is Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, Cape Town's Hottest Place to Chill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Fire And Ice! Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! By Marriott Cape Town South Africa
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Extreme Hotel Cape Town