Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
$119
$101
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$149
$187
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$116
Hilton
  • Pool
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$154
$144
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$197
$160
Priceline
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
$184
$92
Priceline
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$762
$733
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$752
$427
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$549
$429
Agoda.com
1,115 results
All reviewslong streetwashing machinefull kitchentwo bedroom apartmenthotel spatable mountaingreenmarket squarefood lovers marketcompany gardensper daycentral locationrooftop poolself cateringtaj hotelgreen market squarehome away from homethe ground floor
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed 6 fantastic nights with two friends at the Three Cities Mandela Rhodes Hotel in a 2 bedroom apartment. The room was very spacious and was fully appointed with kitchen and dining. As we had all been traveling for many weeks throughout Africa it was a pleasure to stay somewhere that had a washing machine in the room also. The staff were so pleasant and to mention two outstanding members Sharleen and Nathan (hope the spelling is correct) went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We also booked a couple of tours and transport from the tour company located in the reception of the hotel and had the best days out. Overall a great location in the CBD, short Taxi to V&A or a 5 minute walk to the train station. We will be back again for another stay.

Room Tip: Our room was a "T" numbered room on the 14th floor, it was quiet and had lounge room views of Table Mountain, what a way to wake up each morning. Our room as requested had two single beds and my wife's and mine was only a double but comfy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear wgp640
Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. My Team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us! 

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our travel agent found this gem of a hotel for our four-night stay in Cape Town. Our granddaughter wanted to swim with the sharks in South Africa; that brought us here. It can be difficult to impress a teenager, but our granddaughter was duly impressed by the superior two bedroom apartment where she had her own bedroom and bath. We were impressed by the fact that such a delightful accomodation came at a price similar to what one would pay for a room at many hotels. We ate most of our meals at the Doppio Zero restaurant, and they were excellent. The staff was more helpful than we could have hoped for. The weather forced daily changes to our tour plans, but the front desk staff sorted everything out for us. If our travel plans ever take us back to Cape Town again we would love to stay at the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel again.

Room Tip: Their Superior Two Bedroom Apartment is great for families.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy T

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Actually a really nice hotel!
Incredible location.
Friendly staff who are always on call to assist.

There were a few issues, and I hate to say it but I have experienced them everywhere.
It comes with the nature of the industry I believe, it's how these issues are handled that separates the men from the boys...and these men stand head and shoulders above many of the 5-star hotels I have stayed at in South Africa, Africa in general, and around the world.

I am not sure if the 'travel agent' is associated with the hotel or just hiring the space but if there is one thing that I can honestly say will decrease the rating of this hotel, it would be this joke of a agency.

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony overlooking Church St will have a view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear wgp640
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. Many thanks for all your wonderful comments about our Staff, our Apartments and Doppio Zero Restaurant. This is always communicated to all Managers and the floor, and I can assure you our Staffing compliment is always dying to have feedback from you our Guests :) May I suggest that you call the Hotel direct in future, and we would be more than happy to assist in making your Reservation, which will save you both time and frustration of booking through the Agent, as experienced in your case.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

When placing a review one needs to look at overall experience. Human error or incompetence will always be there and i have experienced this even at the Ritz Carlton. To me its how the matters get resolved and how they effect your overall stay. We stayed here for 5 nights and the first day was very unpleasant due to human performance however i will not expand on this as the GM resolved the matter quite efficiently after my contact. The rooms are beautiful and well planned from kitchen content and equipment to bathrooms. Nice fridge, washing machine, and utensils. Lots of cupboard space, plugs in all right places, comfortable beds and spacious seating areas. We placed a few calls from room service to assistance with the aircon and each time it was handled very well. The hotel is very well placed and surrounded by restaurants and within close proximity to transport. Must try Haiku Restaurant (a favourite) across road, excellent Asian Fushion and there is lovely food market on Thursdays on the doorstep. There is ample parking which is charged for at R 55/day, a bit high i think for hotel guests but it is Cape Town. Other reviews have mentioned high internet charges but if you are connected to Always On its ample and available. I will return here as i found it very convenient and comfortable. Special mention to Daphne at front desk for going extra mile and ensuring that all was in place.

Room Tip: Do not book the studios, rather spend more and get single bedroom. Try and get a higher floor, dont order breakfast through room service, always cold but its very good so have it downstairs in Doppio Zero
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CK444

Dear CK444
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. Many thanks for all your wonderful comments about our Staff, our Apartments and Doppio Zero Restaurant. This is always communicated to all Managers and the floor, and I can assure you our Staffing compliment is always dying to have feedback from you our Guests :). I read your commentary on the rest of the Hotel and your experience, and would like to thank you for your honest and "neutral" approach to the problem experienced on the first day of your stay. It was a pleasure in assisting, and we taken the liberty of updating your Guest Profile to preferring a One Bed Apartment as opposed to our Studio's.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

As a female pensioner this was my first solo trip. The hotel was in a great location with many of the local sights accessible on foot. It was also very convenient for the hop on, hop off bus. The studio apartment was spacious, very comfortable and contained all the amenities necessary for self-catering including a washer and dryer. I had my first breakfast in the restaurant which was very good but there are plenty of local coffee shops and places to eat which offer excellent value for money. The Food Lovers Market is next door and their salad bar, fruit, meat, cheese and fresh bakery counters provided most of my meals. The hotel staff were all very friendly. welcoming and helpful. I definitely hope to visit again.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and undisturbed by any street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Thank gobefore...

Dear gobefore
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. Many thanks for all your wonderful comments about our Staff, our Apartments, the Hotel's Location and Doppio Zero Restaurant. This is always communicated to all Managers and the floor, and I can assure you our Staffing compliment is always dying to have feedback from you our Guests :). I read your comments about Street noise, and we have updated your Guest Profile to allocate an Apartment higher up on your future stay with us.