“perfect perfect perfect”

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Maybe we were just lucky, but we were allocated a huge one bedroom apartment with a huge double balcony overlooking Table Mountain.
The apartment had a full kitchen and we really appreciated the washing machine.
Superb value for money-we used an internet site to book and got a superb rate which was the equivalent of about £70 per night. Fantastic value.
As with previous reviews, the location is superb and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
10 out of 10!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony if it's available and decide whether you want mountain or city vie...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear a m,
Thank you for visiting Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel & Spa recently. My Team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us! 
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to my Staff, as they always enjoy getting feedback from our beloved Guests :). I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Most of our Apartments do have balconies, and we always be more than happy to advise on which view you'll be enjoying from a partricluar Apartment.
Best regards and safe travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great location and perfect for evening entertainment. Loved the rooms and the staff. Although I was there on business - it was great to be able to order food in after a long day. The rooms were always clean and fresh.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear AntosStella,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here over New Year for 4 nights. The hotel is nice and clean and has a nice pool deck on floor 7. Not to forget the helpful and friendly staff. The hotel is in the city center and in easy walking distance of cafés and bars. Within 20-30 minutes one can even walk safely to the V&A Waterfront. Can only recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Cape Town.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank myself_on_the_move

Dear Jens H,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights from 31/12/13 until 2/1/14. The hotel is nice and clean and has a great pool and deck on floor 7. The staff are friendly and the location is brilliant. The New Year's Eve parade went right outside the hotel, yet we were in easy walking distance of cafés and bars. Highly recommend for anyone visiting Cape Town.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Scharteness,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked really last minute so we weren't sure what we would get, that said this place is fantastic! Friendly staff, great apartment with a huge kitchen with everything you could need. Great balcony! We stayed in a two bed apartment and each room was spacious, clean and modern. The floors were heated too which was great cause even in summer Cape Town is cold at night. Internet is free but for only two devices. There is a convenience store up the road from the hotel it's very basic but good for water and soft drinks... I'd recommend not walking there at night, or if you do, go in a group.
Downstairs, at lobby level, there is a great coffee place called Motherland Coffee Company, if you like coffee this is consistently good!
The hotel is really close to Marcos, Mama Africa and Africa Cafe - we had a car so we drove to all of them but you could easily walk. Marcos is an absolute MUST DO for authentic African food without the tourist prices and the night we were there a lot of locals were too - always a good sign!
Overall the hotel felt really safe and secure and loved how central this place was to the V&A waterfront, Table Mountain, Camps Bay etc would highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Request an apartment on the 17th floor facing the mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ksh81
William d, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Dear haroonb,
It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of the Staffing compliment. I have to apologize for the frustration caused by our Car Park, and following your comments I have instructed my Operations Manager to look into this and provide clear directions from the Car park into the Main Hotel foyer. These directions will be installed shortly, and thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Although the Mandela Rhodes Place is located in the centre of Cape Town opposite St Georges Cathedral and not the Waterfront it represents good value for money and is in fact conveniently located so as to reach the sites of Cape Town quickly. The hotel also provides for self catering with a kitchenette in what is a comfortable suite with views of Table Mountain. The bedrooms were clean, comfortable and quite spacious. Breakfast is adequate and is served in a separately run restaurant located on the premises, There is on-site parking as well as a spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a Table Mountain facing room above the 7th floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife, infant son, and in-laws stayed in a two bedroom. The two bedroom was very spacious and felt homey (more like an apartment than a hotel). Having a washer and dryer was very convenient, especially with a baby. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even invited my wife and I to a party that was being thrown on the top floor. The location was perfect. Just cross the street to hop onto the red line bus and take a tour of cape town. Also, there are lots of restaurants and shops in close proximity. Be sure to checkout the coffee shop downstairs, the white chocolate coffee was amazing. Overall, we loved cape town and this hotel was great. Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family