Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Adderley Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Daddy Long Legs Art Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
Urban Chic Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Pinnacle(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)
1,101 results
All reviewslong streetwashing machinefull kitchentwo bedroom apartmenthotel spatable mountaingreenmarket squarefood lovers marketcompany gardensper daycentral locationrooftop poolself cateringtaj hotelgreen market squarehome away from homethe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had travelled to South Africa to attend a conference in Durban and I was informed that I couldn't miss Cape Town and that was very true. This hotel was excellent we had a 2 bedroom executive suite with full kitchen living room and dining room, the decor was lovely and with a balcony overlooking the city. we were only there 5 days but I wish we could have stayed longer. the staff were wonderful with me and my friend , shuttle 4 times a day to V& A waterfront, suggestions on what to do, where to go, the lobby has a travel office with computers you can use for a fee.and who you can make arrangements for tours, transfers to the airport. the Doppio restaurant had a great breakfast buffet, plus an excellent menu for lunch/supper. only complaint was we couldn't get the phone to work and they did try to get it fixed for us.

Room Tip: we stayed in the tower wing and this was an apartment not a hotel room. If we had the balcony door open we heard the street noises, but closed you couldn't hear a thing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Cathy M,

I am delighted to have read your great review posted here about our Hotel and City. I think you should thank the person/s that suggested we pop into Cape Town. I am glad you did and more so that you chose our Hotel as your place of residence whilst here in Cape Town.

We look forward to your next visit and will keep a spare room for you just in case.

All the best

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from an 8 night visit to Cape Town. We stayed at the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel. We found the hotel to be absolutely perfect for our needs. Our room had a fully equipped kitchen as well as comfortable furniture and spacious bathroom. All the facilities were of a very high standard.
The hotel is ideally positioned to explore the city - the City tourist bus stops just yards from the front door and all the attractions are within a short walk of the hotel.
Food wise the hotel had a good restaurant with a very reasonable menu (plus a 25% discount for residents). Adjacent to the hotel is a great fresh food outlet for for takeaway or eat in food which can provide plenty of choice for any meal you may want to enjoy in your hotel room.
Reception and general staff were helpful and responded to all our requests without delay.
Special mention for the help and assistance provided by Noel in reception - he is certainly an asset to the hotel.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes I certainly would and I have travelled far and wide and critical of standards and service where ever I visit.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel is pedestrianised which helps to reduce traffic noise. There are also Table Mountain views from some of the rooms - but you see Table Mountain all the time (that is not to underestimate the beauty of this mountain).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RandSseetheworld,

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “Ubuntu” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that Mandela Rhodes Place becomes your “home” when next in Cape Town.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa in the hopefully not too distant future.

“Wamkelekile” (Xhosa – Your welcome)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

New , Modern, clean, complete, Our stay in the hotel was perfect. Friendly always ready for you, Free transport to the waterfront (go and back).. In the same building you find a tourist bureau, and restaurant Behind the corner there is a perfect fresh food shop. If we go back to Capetown ... I go to the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Monske,

Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. As your comment state you will "If we go back to Capetown ... I go to the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel." We will make sure that we keep a room for you.

Take care and come visit again, soon.

regards

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bed room apartment for 3 Night/4 Days . It is a very good Hotel with great service & Nice food at "Azura" . Location wise it is fantastic & even the room service was very good. so the overall experience was fantastic. it is well maintained & the staffs are all very friendly &helpful. highly recommended ....

Room Tip: corner suite are spacious
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Avi559,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel as your accommodation provider whilst you visited Cape Town recently. I was most impressed when I read your lovely comments as posted here on TripAdvisor.

I trust that you will come and visit again someday and hopefully not too long from now.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Wonderful place to stay and great value for money. Close to everything. We walked to the V&A Waterfront, the tour bus is just a few blocks away and the fab Food Lovers Market. The staff was great and helpful. Cannot fault anything

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Alichenge,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel as your "home" whilst visiting our beautiful city. I am delighted to have note that you enjoyed your time here.

We look forward to you r next visit from all the way "Down Under"

Kind regards