“Home from Home”

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Ranked #40 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights 21-25 May 2013, and loved it. they had 4 free shuttles to the V&A waterfront every day close to Red stop 5 & blue stop 4 for the hopon hop off bus, close enough to Long street for when you need atmosphre Clean, well appointed kitchen, spacious suites, great location and unbelievable service- gracious, helpful and always friendly. Far exceeded our expectations. We loved being able to cook some meals. My only gripe TV not viewable from Bed area !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear The_Captain_12,

Thank you for choosing MRPH&S as your "home" whilst visiting our beautiful city recently. I must admit your comment "...unbelievable service- gracious, helpful and always friendly. Far exceeded our expectations." made my heart swell with pride in that my team and I succeeded in fulfilling what is our function here at the Hotel. That is to ensure that you, our guest, had memorable experience. We hope that you will not stay away too long and come visit again soon.

Desmond

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We rented 2 apartments for a staff weekend. The hotel was the perfect place to stay. Central, self catering, comfortable and great value for money. The staff were really helpful. Would suit for an extended stay as well. Spacious bathrooms and more than enough cupboard space.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony is the best option.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Ann H,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review here on TripAdvisor. It is always heartwarming to read that our "locals" come and stay and also have a great time.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights and loved it. Clean, well appointed kitchen, spacious suites, great location and unbelievable service- gracious, helpful and always friendly. Far exceeded our expectations. We loved being able to cook some meals and enjoy the amazing view of table mountain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ChristineB155004,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa during your recent visit to Cape Town. My team and I were delighted to have noted that you enjoyed your stay with us here and that we also managed to leave you with great memories. Come back and visit soon again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Mandela Rhodes Place was much better vs. what I expected. Recommend it especially for families and longer stays.
GOOD
- Professional and really helpful service
- Super convenient rooms. 2bedroom room that we took had 2 bathrooms, spacious living room and kitchen!
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Swimming pool - long and clean
- Parking
- Downtown location but easy to reach despite traffic

TO IMPROVE
- Breakfast is served in the ground floor restaurant that is independent from the hotel. Staff there was not always very friendly - seemed that hotal guests are some kind of pain for them.

Mac

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear MacTka,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa as your "home" whilst visiting our beautiful city. I was delighted to have read your commentary and especially about team living up to that ethos we embody, UBUNTU. That said, I was less than happy to have read about the restaurant team and will address this with them.

We look forward to your next visit and will keep you room ready,.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed there with my family for only 1 night on Friday, 18 May 2013, but the hotel really exceeded my expectation. We are allowed to check in early, the process was very quick, the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Deluxe apartment and I must say that it is very spacious, well appointed, fully equipped kitchen with everything you need, 2x bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and so much more..

I really recommend anyone with children, to stay at this hotel. Even friends who do not want to share a bedroom.

Breakfast was really great, quality of the food was amazing and the service was good too. All round 5 star rating.

Cannot wait to come again soon for a long stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear James77722,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa as your residence of choice recently. My team and I were delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay, and that we managed to create a memorable experience for you and the family.

We look forward to your next visit and trust it will not be too long from now.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at Mandela Rhodes Place in the Cape Town CBD to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was great value for money (I made use of a winter warmer special they had on). The meals at the Doppio Zero restaurant in the building (included in the special) were great! The ambience and location is great for the CBD and I liked the modern yet comfortable decor of the apartment which also had a fully equipped kitchen and even a washing machine!

Room Tip: I stayed in room C303 which was very comforable and had a great view of Table Mountain from the balc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Carin S,

Many thanks for the lovely review and my team and I are delighted that we could make your stay so memorable.

Take care and come visit soon.

Regards

Reviewed May 19, 2013

On the first occassion I was woken up at five am with someone wanting to deliver a phone charger. Two days later I was woken up at three am with a request to check an ironing board. Both times I was told that they have the wrong room number. Totally unacceptable . I recommend not staying there if sleep is important.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank etj1973
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear ETJ1973,

Many thanks for posting this review on TripAdvisor as well. I am in receipt of your survey as well as the personal mail and have responded to all.

Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that was caused.

Regards