“Great hotel!”

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel
Ranked #33 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed there with my family for only 1 night on Friday, 18 May 2013, but the hotel really exceeded my expectation. We are allowed to check in early, the process was very quick, the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Deluxe apartment and I must say that it is very spacious, well appointed, fully equipped kitchen with everything you need, 2x bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and so much more..

I really recommend anyone with children, to stay at this hotel. Even friends who do not want to share a bedroom.

Breakfast was really great, quality of the food was amazing and the service was good too. All round 5 star rating.

Cannot wait to come again soon for a long stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear James77722,

Thank you for choosing Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel and Spa as your residence of choice recently. My team and I were delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay, and that we managed to create a memorable experience for you and the family.

We look forward to your next visit and trust it will not be too long from now.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at Mandela Rhodes Place in the Cape Town CBD to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was great value for money (I made use of a winter warmer special they had on). The meals at the Doppio Zero restaurant in the building (included in the special) were great! The ambience and location is great for the CBD and I liked the modern yet comfortable decor of the apartment which also had a fully equipped kitchen and even a washing machine!

Room Tip: I stayed in room C303 which was very comforable and had a great view of Table Mountain from the balc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Carin S,

Many thanks for the lovely review and my team and I are delighted that we could make your stay so memorable.

Take care and come visit soon.

Regards

Reviewed May 19, 2013

On the first occassion I was woken up at five am with someone wanting to deliver a phone charger. Two days later I was woken up at three am with a request to check an ironing board. Both times I was told that they have the wrong room number. Totally unacceptable . I recommend not staying there if sleep is important.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank etj1973
Desmond4, General Manager at Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear ETJ1973,

Many thanks for posting this review on TripAdvisor as well. I am in receipt of your survey as well as the personal mail and have responded to all.

Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that was caused.

Regards

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Two of us stayed at Mandela Rhodes Place in late April 2013, during a one week trip to Cape Town. I looked up lots of Cape Town hotels before making reservations; Mandela Rhodes Place had lots of good reviews, and I have to concur. The reservations team was very helpful as I prepared for our stay. The hotel is very nice, and surprisingly inexpensive for what you get. We got a two bedroom apartment (Room T1003), which had a full kitchen, washer/dryer (yay!), two large bathrooms, a large dining/living area, and a balcony overlooking the pool. The staff are friendly, helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable about their city...always a smile and a kind word for me whenever I passed through the lobby! The hotel location is right in the middle of the city, around the corner from the action on Long Street, and right next to St Georges Mall, which is home to nice vendor stands. On Thursdays, a great set of lunch vendors set up shop there as well. The indoor parking facility was very nice, especially if you have a car - street parking is not easy to find near the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the V&A waterfront (maybe a 30 minute leisurely walk, including some shopping along the way); it also has lots of restaurants, bars, and a market right across the street. We ate at Doppio restaurant twice; great food! The only real downside to the stay was the annoyance that there tend to be a lot of street people (sometimes working in pairs; often VERY persistent) begging for money near the hotel - we learned to just ignore them, and based on advice from locals, elected to not go far from the hotel at night unless via taxi. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would definitely go back again. This place is a surprise gem in the Cape Town city center.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear KRL388,

Many thanks for posting your comments about your experience recently at Mandela Rhodes Place. I was delighted to have read that we lived up to your expectations and trust that you will make our Hotel your home when next visiting our beautiful city.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at the Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel in the first week of May 2013 as we were attending the Justin Bieber concert. There is not a bad remark that I have about this hotel. We stayed in the 2 bedroom platinum apartment. The room was extremely spacious and comfortable and boasts 2 en-suite bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, lounge, balcony and guest toilet. The kitchen is fully fitted with a glass top stove, oven, dish washer, washing machine and fridge. There is a tv in the lounge with satelite channels. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful...the concierge even went out of their way to get us mc donald's! There is a doppio zero restaurant and guests can also order from restaurants at the Taj next door. Free daily shuttle services take guests to and from the popular V&A Waterfront which is just 5 minutes away. The hotel is also close to many stores such as Edgars, Woolworths, Clicks and Mr Price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cape Town looking for an affordable, comfortable, well-situated hotel.

Room Tip: Platinum rooms are very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Arisha S,

Many thanks for the wonderful review you recently posted on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you were cared for and also enjoyed the Hotel and it surroundings.

I trust that Mandela Rhodes Place will be your home when next visiting Cape Town.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I really really liked this hotel. The staff were very welcoming, the location was spot on for shopping and the nightlife on Long street. Our room was amazing, the suite had an enormous lounge, the bedroom and bathroom were spacious too. I cant believe the rate we got it for, excellent value via trivago. The lobby was more like an African art gallery with all the paintings and sculptures dotted around.
I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Markyboy27,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at our Hotel. It makes us very proud when we learn that we made another guest have a memorable experience here at our Hotel.

Take care and come visit again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We started our tour in Cape Town and stayed three nights at the hotel. Our two-bedroom suite was perfect: spacious, modern, it even had two bathrooms. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful at planning our trips. Centrally located and safe indoor parking at the garage

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear EdricO,

Many thanks for the feedback as posted here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to have read about your experience and my team and I trust you will come visit soon again.