All reviews double windows communal balcony vibrant street party street party goers street noise table mountain noisy at night night life no elevator central location nespresso machine the hotel staff bars and restaurants mother city hop on hop nice stay
Reviewed February 20, 2018

We stayed here one night and loved it. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and cozy. Very walkable to lots of great restaurants. In a rowdy area so it gets noisy at night. But we're New Yorkers so it didn't bother us much, but something to note. Overall wonderful!!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Rachel R
TaniaMgr, General Manager at Long Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Happy to hear that - thanks Rachel - appreciate the feedback :-)

Tania & the team

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Right at the centre of all the action in Long St, this hotel benefits from excellent sound proofing (needed at the weekend). Staying in room 1 over 90% of the street noise was deadened. Very clean with helpful staff always on hand.

Room Tip: Book room 1
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drummondone

Excellent news - thank you!
Yes, the double glazing really goes a long way to alleviate most of the noise. Considering you had pole position over Long Street, this is good news for us!
Was a pleasure to meet you and hope to have you back one day

tania & the team

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

The warmth of the front office was what greeted me on the day I checked in. I knew at once I would have a nice time in the hotel. After a long flight, the staff seemed to know that I just wanted to be in my room to rest that’s why the check in process was so efficient. The size of my room is very generous. It was also designed like a real boutique hotel with quaint furniture. Through my room was in front of the Main Street where the nightlife was happening, I never had a problem with the noise. In fact, Tania, the manager was so concerned about how I would sleep with the noise that she already suggested moving me to another room. But it turned out okay for me. Because it’s drought when I came, the hotel explained how I could help in saying water. In fact, they provided a basin for me on the sink to capture grey water for reuse. The staff was also concerned about my safety as they always took time to ask me how my day went and gave me tips to make me feel extra careful when walking around. If there’s only one downside, it is just the hotel doesn’t offer food service. However, that was compensated by the number of cool restaurants around the hotel. Is really had a nice time staying in this hotel. Best of all one really feels welcomed and the price is not a rip off.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank dartagnanaguilar
TaniaMgr, General Manager at Long Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Happy days Dartagnan!

Thanks so much for the kind words - it means a great deal to us to receive such positive feedback.
Thrilled that you were comfortable and the festivities outside did not interfere with your rest. We really enjoyed your company and helping you plan your days etc.
Thank you for caring about the water situation and being part of the savings initiative - greatly appreciated!!

We hope to hear from you again when you next visit our beautiful city :-)

Warm regards

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

This place is dead in the centre of where it all happens. If you want a relaxing quite place out of the hassle do not stay here. We did for 3 days and it worked for us. The staff at reception are all very friendly. Coffee machine in your own room is great. Bed comfy and rooms clean. No lift so you do have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs. Terrave overlooking Long Street is a great place to chill before or after a day out and have a beer. Noise from Long Street does go on through the night but this did not affect us. Hop on hop off bus station just down the road.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daman123

Hi Daman

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your Long Street Hotel experience.
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your room & the position of the hotel with its easy access to major attractions.
Too sorry about the stairs - but we do offer assistance with baggage for next time. We are sorry if there was no one to meet you on arrival at the door to help you.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Yes, the double-glazed windows of your room may sometimes be unable to halt the beat of nightlife, but hey, then you should not have booked a place in the busiest part of Capetowns best known night life street.
The rooms are tidy and well maintained, the staff is more than friendly. The place has been a great welcome for us to South-Africa.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
TaniaMgr, General Manager at Long Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2018

Hey Jeroen

Thanks so much for the thumbs up - we appreciate your sincere feedback :-)
Would love to see you return next year!

Till then