“Amazing Guest House”

Mountview Spa and Guest House
Ranked #54 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Five nights of comfortable beds, immaculate rooms, and delicious breakfasts--add on an accommodating host and exceptional staff, and you have a delightful stay. We are all thankful to my nephew who made the reservations for us and would love to stay at MorningView Spa and Guest House again. This is definitely a "repeat" establishment. Make your reservation soon and enjoy!!!

There are newer reviews for Mountview Spa and Guest House

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our weary traveling group arrived at the Mountview Spa and Guest House late at night after a 20+ hour plane ride to find comfortable beds, beautiful rooms, a special dog and gracious hospitality. We were rejeuvenated by a lovely breakfast the next morning, efficient staff and kind owners. We were able to spend a few evenings of our stay in the main quarters working on wedding preparations and just enjoying each other's company over pizza. We were pleased that reservations had been made for us at this special establishment !

Room Tip: Make reservations for the MountainView Spa and Guest House !
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wow, no question if I return to Cape Town this would be were I would stay. We decided to visit Cape Town at the last minute and decided to followup on a recommendation made by some friends in the states. Everything from making our reservation to the quality of the room and beds were perfect. We even arrived really late and Joe stood outside in the rain to greet us and make sure we found the right place. Joe spent the time to give us recommendations of what to see and where to go to make the most of our short trip. The breakfasts were tasty and loved the french press coffee.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Came down ro Cape Town for a friend's birthday and found an amazing place to stay. The place is done up beautifully and the staff were so helpful. I really felt at home. The breakfast was more than enough and Joe was so helpful with restaurant ideas for the one night when I could not meet up with my friends. I will be back in August and know exactly where I will be staying. Am an insomniac at home but either the beds or the air allowed me to get a great sleep.Place is spotless.

Room Tip: Had a king size bed to myself
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for the first 5 nights of our honeymoon and we coulnd't have asked for a better welcome from Joe and Marius. It was our first time in Cape Town and all their recommendations for dining out and things to do were spot on and we had a wonderful time. As for the accomodation, it was very comfortable, clean and the rooms were stylishly decorated. Breakfast was simple and healthy and the location was really handy, just 5 minutes walk to the sea front. Definately will be returning!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo D
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I met up with overseas family from the UK in Cape Town and they loved Cape Town and the guesthouse. They heard so much about SA and I was glad to show them. The weather was great the week we stayed as there had been cold fronts passing so we got to go up Table Mountain and see Robben island - a must see to appreciate the heritage of the country!! We had no problems with the guesthouse at all and the host was only too welcoming, the staff friendly and happy to accommodate us all. The water in Cape town is definately not for the faint hearted out of season.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had to visit Cape Town for the annual WISA conference and was very satisfied and happy with the guesthouse. I was traveling on my own and felt absolutely safe walking around in Sea point and there are quite a few restaurants to chose from on Main Road. Joe arranged early breakfasts for all the delegates as it turned out there were quite a few other delegates from other African countries as well. I was glad my agent booked me here and will recommend the guesthouse to my friends.

Room Tip: The taxi service mountview recommended is great value for money as they are cheap and reliable, as t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business