“Holidays”

Port Louis
“Holidays”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very Glade and Happy of the Stay
Very recomanded for stay and safty is there
I and my family really appriciate the stay there
All the satffing were good and the reception Co-op peoplr
For buying stuff and back to hotel is somthing very easy and average price
Thanks

Room Tip: For Shopping Eating the Location id too Good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

After the initial disappointment with the room provided, we were moved to another room & enjoyed a pleasant stay. All the staff were very Friendly, hospitable, & very helpful.
The breakfast selection & quality was very good. We stayed at Christmas & enjoyed a fantastic buffet for Christmas lunch.
The hotel is well situated as a base to explore Cape Town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Verona
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you like to sleep with a Ferry boat or a train noise in your hear all night long this is the right place.
The noise comes from the walls, from the ceiling, from everywhere.
From the bathroom comes a noise really loud. It's the main A.C. machine or something like it.
In our room there was not any hair dryer. We have asked for it three times to three different employees , for two day. Nothing!
The external pool is perfect for the birds, if they are not to much big.
The lonely good thing of this hotel is the central position.

Room Tip: Evitate quelle al terzo piano e buona fortuna.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michele P

Travelers are raving about these Cape Town Central hotels

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a mature female travelling solo to Capetown for the first time safety was a concern. I need not have worried! This hotel was well situated and, once I had orientated myself to the area, I was able to walk to many of the main attractions (Waterfront, Bo Kaap, Museums, Company Gardens, District Six, Long Street etc.) with no problems. In terms of the hotel I suppose it depends on what it is you require. I usually avoid 'posh' hotels as I find it difficult to interact with other guests and I see a hotel as a base to sleep so as long as it is clean and welcoming then this does for me.The Fountains Hotel staff were all excellent and at no time did I ever feel uncomfortable eating or sitting in the bar area alone. All staff smiled and greeted me whenever I was there and they were all very helpful. The breakfast buffet offered a wide range of choice and was a good way to start the day. The hotel was busy whilst I was there and guests came from a wide range of countries, which I think improves the experience. Rooms were clean and although mine overlooked the fountains on the main road my sleep was never disturbed by traffic noise. Although the bathrooms have been updated there is still some room for improvement. The shower was always hot, the water pressure was good and shower gel and hand wash was provided. Plenty of clean towels were provided daily. However the accessories and general décor let it down. The small pedal bin in my bathroom was broken and every time I used it the lid fell off and the plug in the sink and bath did not function too well. There was a retractable washing line over the bath which I found useful if I did some hand washing. There is an ironing room but, as someone else has stated in a review, the 2 irons available are designed for normal domestic use and not 'heavy' use. These need to be more robust and have longer cords. One issue the hotel need to address is the Wi-Fi access as I was under the impression when I booked that this was free when it is not. The 1st 100mb are free and then there is a fee once this has been used. When I questioned that Wi-Fi was advertised online as being free I was shown the information on the reception desk which indicates that it is not - that said though, charges were not ridiculously high, as they are in many hotels! The lifts can be a tad slow. However, whereas I think a 4 star rating is a bit generous (maybe a 3) for what I paid for my 15 night stay I feel this hotel was good value and my stay was definitely enhanced by the fabulous staff. The water dispenser in the main lobby is an asset as there is constant access to free cold water.

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid the ones straight opposite the lifts?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank boffin116
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I had recently booked a holiday in Cape Town and we had the unpleasant experience of the fountains hotel. We had searched the place on the internet prior to booking. Their site gives you the impression of a lovely 4 star hotel........What a FALSE impression!!!
Upon arrival, there was confusion about parking, there was no service to help with the luggage and the reception staff was very unfriendly. The room service was pathetic to say the least, we had to go fetch our own order, The fittings in the room and bathroom were all falling off. The hotel has an ironing room, with 2 irons (the hotel has over a 100 rooms!) and they both didn't work. After complaining about the poor service, absolutely nothing was done. The reception staff had poor manners and failed to give us details like guests get free limited internet access but instead wanted us to pay for it.
Overall this hotel is poor and I would not recommend it to anyone. It definitely was a very disappointing experience. The hotel rates itself as a 4 star, but I've been to 3 star hotels that was in much better condition with better services then this. This hotel should be rated a low 3 star to 2 star. If you are looking for a good time in Cape Town, DON'T GO to Fountains Hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room was disappointing with no views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nalini N
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Should loose a star.
Carpet burnt. Waited 6 days for washbasin plug that never arrived. Lights kept fusing and repair was put off as electrician was on leave.

Poor condition and not worth the rating.

Would I stay there again? No
Would I reccommend? No

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leon B
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've stayed here once a month (3 nights each time) for the last 6 months and always found the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms have been fantastic (admittedly they have given me an upgrade to a suite each time) - large clean and with a view either of the square or the fountains. The food is always excellent too. I'll be back in January - can't wait!

Room Tip: The higher up, the better (it's quieter)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business