twentytwo
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$193
$146
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$210
$199
Hotels.com
$126
  • Restaurant
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$137
$127
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$722
$670
  • Breakfast included
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$138
$134
  • Breakfast included
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$150
$130
$241
$227
  • Pool
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$163
$152
Orbitz.com
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$329
$305
Hotels.com
All reviewsb bperfect hoststable mountainguest houserecommending and booking restaurantsplace to staysouth africastay in cape townthought of everythinghonesty barhome away from homerestaurant recommendationsgreat adviceprivate balconyeach morningconcierge servicecable car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This review is long overdue!
I first stayed at TwentyTwo in November 2010 for several days. I was travelling alone and had never been to Cape Town before. I booked the hotel based on the strength of the reviews on this site and was not disappointed.

Dominic and Allan were incredible hosts and took the time to make recommendations and reservations for me, book a flight and even teach me to iron a shirt!

This past May, my fiancee and I decided to take my parents from Canada to Cape Town and I didn't hesitate to book two rooms at TwentyTwo! Another great stay - nothing had changed since my initial visit in 2010, which was a very good thing!

The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and very clean. What really makes this place however is the personal attention Dominic and Allan show in every guest. They aren't obtrusive and give guest space, but if you need them, they're there and happy to help!

Keep up the good work guys - looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RYERAM11
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My new husband and I stayed at 22 when we were exploring Cape Town on our honeymoon. I was absolutely delighted to meet Alan, and the whole property (not just our room) was done up to an incredibly high spec. (In particular we had an amazing shower and ever so comfortable bed and things like the wifi and docking stations were neat little touches - all very up to date and new.) the main room (lounge) was well furnished and the swimming pool outside was lovely (although it was too cold to use it during our stay).
What impressed us the most was the service though. It's all very personal and nothing was too much trouble. When my husband asked for an iron for his shirt Alan insisted on ironing it himself and this was just indicative of how important caring for his guests was to him. He was always happy to make suggestions (& reservations) for dinners and always booked our taxis and helped us in any way possible. What a lovely base to enjoy Cape Town from - thanks, 22!!

Room Tip: There's only 4 rooms available so book as soon as you can so you're not disappointed!!
2  Thank Richard B
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a brilliant time in Capetown - it was a very special holiday for us and staying at twentytwo made it even more so. Allan and Dominic made us feel very welcome and relaxed from the very moment we arrived - their hospitality and thoughtfulness is second to none in our experience.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable with every need catered for - we didn't have to ask for anything. Breakfast was by far the best throughout our 2 week stay in South Africa and we very much looked forward every morning to the interaction and friendly banter with Allan. Nothing was too much trouble for Allan and Dominic - they were available to help us us and make good recommendations and bookings for restaurants and tours when we asked. They also provided a wealth of information for the rest of our holiday which we felt was extremely helpful and enhanced our visit to South Africa as a result.
We could not recommend twentytwo highly enough - all of the favorable recommendations you read are all true - this place is a MUST whilst in Cape Town if small, stylish boutique hotels are your thing.

Room Tip: We had room 4 - very comfortable with lovely view and balcony. Sure all are good.
1  Thank ginger_keith_1963
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I and a friend had needed a long awaited R & R and were recommended twentytwo by another hotel in the area that was full at this time. I have to say from the moment of entry to departure, our trip was flawless. The team running this establishment have gone the extra mile to not only provide a personalized high quality stay but their service is impeccable and tasteful. Breakfast was scrumptious and our room with its breathtaking view, spectacular. They also went the extra mile to provide us points of interest with precise directions on how to get anywhere (from the perspective of a tourist). Plus, it is beautifully located. very close to table top, and in a high end neighborhood I will be going back again and hopefully again and will go back and stay at twentytwo. Because as Allan (co proprietor said), once you step foot on the African continent, you can never shake the dust off your boots! (also because there are direct flights from Dubai to Capetown). Sharmeen December 3, 2013

Room Tip: We had number 2. It has an incredible view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharmeen K
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Wow! We made this our first stop in South Africa and couldn’t have made a better choice. Superb welcome and instant hospitality. Stylish, very comfortable, run to perfection standards and great value for money. It’s location In a quiet, safe area is perfect for exploring cape town either with a rental car or by taxi – we used both. Alan & Dominic seem to know exactly what their guests need and provide expert advice on restaurants and places to visit and add their own delightful twist on what to expect. They are just so engaging with everyone, young and old. Terrific hosts, great B&B. Why haven’t more British people found this gem?

Room Tip: We had the upstairs suite and it has a good view. Although the stairs to the room are steep, the hosts always help with luggage.