“Amazing Amazing.... WOW” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of twentytwo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
twentytwo
Ranked #14 of 163 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Canada
“Amazing Amazing.... WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Four of us have just returned from South Africa and we started off our trip in Cape Town at twentytwo, it was myself, my husband, my sister in law and her husband and an aunt who arrived a day later. I must say i was a little skeptical at first when we booked a guest house (having never stayed in one), but after reading the reviews we booked and I could not have been happier. Allan and Dominic have an amazing guest home, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left (a short 3 day stay, wish it could have been longer) I was wowed. It felt like we were staying with family.

The beautiful warm decor, the colors, the ambience, the wonderful breakfasts that were provided, the restaurant recommendations (amazing), all directions that were given, any advice that was given about excursions was simply spot on. We could not have asked for an amazing start to our trip.

Allan and Dominic and there staff exceeded our expectations BEYOND BELIEF. I miss them and would highly recommend this Gem to anyone.

If and when i do return to South Africa I will definately stay at my home away from home Twentytwo.

Miss you guys

Susy and Shane

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Great - another Canadian review!!

Thanks for your lovely review - ever appreciated by us both. Interesting comment you made about initially being sceptical staying in a guesthouse, as opposed to a standard hotel, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience! It is a little different from the norm of a hotel and of course you end up with a far more personalised service than the anonymity a hotel tends to offer - this may appeal or not appeal!! Delighted in your case that you were won and wowed over!

Come back and see us again!

Allan & Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've never written a tripadvisor review before despite using it for the majority of my holidaying decisions. I always assumed that my first review would be a disparaging rant after a particularly poor experience; instead it is one full of praise for two incredible hosts and their beautiful house. My wife and I visited on our honeymoon and spent three nights with Allan and Dominic in mid February. As well as a stunning, spotless, superbly decorated house I was taken aback by the quality of service they provided. To say they went above and beyond the call of duty would be an understatement. In total I stayed in 8 different venues on my trip and, whilst good service is to be expected in the high end guest-houses, I felt that other owners could be intrusive. Allan and Dominic managed to balance it just right.
I never imagined a part of my honeymoon to be depressing but my wife and I were positively miserable when we checked out... the only thing that made us feel better is that we knew we'd return.
Do not look anywhere else and if there is no availability then change the dates of your holiday!
Robin

Room Tip: No need to worry - all are stunning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
My goodness - what a generous and fulsome review you've just posted about twentytwo - and your first to boot on the Trip Advisor website! Glad to see that you were motivated to post and review about an experience that was full of pluses as opposed to minuses which you thought might have driven you to write a review about anywhere else you have stayed to date.

Delighted to have been part of your honeymoon experience here in South Africa and we look forward to welcoming you both back to twentytwo some time in the future!

Best wishes

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I spent three wonderful (fantastic, amazing...pick a superlative...) nights at twentytwo in January. Our room and the common area amenities fulfilled all of our expectations. The hospitality we received from Dominic and Allan (and their capable staff) exceeded our expectations. We were fortunate to spend some portion of the evenings we were there in conversations with these warm, genuine, and interesting men. We spent our limited days in Cape Town following their expert advice on the "must do" list. I highly recommend a visit to Cape Town and a stay at twentytwo.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #2 which was 2 levels with an incredible view of Cape Town and the harbor (but no...
Noulens, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

They say people make places and how true this is in the case of Twentytwo. Allan and Dominic have that rare gift of knowing how well to treat people, probably how they would like to be treated themselves. I'm not sure there wasn't anything they would not have organised for you, had you asked. But aside from our enjoyable chats and soaking up more Cape Town knowledge, we were left to our own devices quietly enjoying a glorious Sunday afternoon in their garden. Their expertise obviously stretches to interior design as their house is beautifully decorated. Modern, fresh colours, quite quirky with some amusing touches but comfortable and 'homely'. To have the views of the Cape Town central bowl in front (amazing at 5 am) and the majestic Table Mountain behind is quite stunning. Walking into town is quite safe in the daytime but taxis will transport you day and night to the Waterfront, the beaches and the many great restuarants. Another talent of Allan's is his wicked scrambled eggs! It is rare to come away from a hotel/guest house with that lovely warm feeling but that's what happened to us. Not only had we found a super place to stay in Cape Town, but had made some friends as well.

Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at TwentyTwo a couple of years ago and were keen to go back – and were certainly not disappointed.

The House is rather lovely (as are the rooms). They’d made a few changes since we last stayed (funky numbers on the doors, lovely soaps and toiletries in the bathrooms – all very tasteful) but again it was Allan and Dominic that made the stay so special. Allan made us tea just about any time we wanted it - including sending some to (just outside) our room (or bringing it himself) in the morning. Also, one evening when we going out our taxi didn’t arrive so Dominic went above and beyond and drove us himself. Of course they also gave us great recommendations of things to do, places to eat etc again to make the stay special – and Allan & Dominic think about what might suit you rather than just trotting out the same to everyone.

I took advantage of the pool again – and enjoyed it even more this time round, despite the fact that on one of the days it was a little on the chilly side – it’s quite something to have a good swim, especially in such a small place.

I’m already looking forward to our next trip – it really is an absolute gem. Don't hesitate if you're unsure (as long as we can get in when we want to go!)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aylesburytravellers
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Having decoded Aylesbury Traveller as the people behind the review - many thanks B&M! Also, thank you for coming back to twentytwo - we remember you told us that you seldom return to places - so we're rather chuffed that you made that choice, and noticed all the changes that have been done to the place after your first visit!

Looking forward to your third visit some time in the near future - we hope!

Edenbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

If we could give Allan and Dominic six stars instead of five then we would. We cannot speak highly enough of our hosts and the fabulous accomodation, decor and atmosphere that they have created. It was an absolute privilege to spend ten nights here and we would go back time and time again above anywhere else in Cape Town like a shot. Breakfasts were wonderful, views magnificent and they have one of the nicest pools in Cape Town. They are well deserving of their consistent Trip Advisor winner awards. A truly special place with truly special owners.

Sent from my iPad

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow - what a fulsome review you gave us! Greatly appreciated particularly as you stayed for a 10 day period and could see how we fared over a longer period (most people stay for an average 3-4 night period). We were glad to rescue you both from the ghastly accommodation you found yourselves initially here in Cape Town - no demolition works being carried out here in Oranjezicht!

Do come back the next time you're in Cape Town - you'll be very welcome as returnees to Bedroom 4!

Dominic & Allan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second stay at Twentytwo. I was blown away the first time I stayed a few years ago and I was a little concerned that it might not be quite as good as I remembered it. I shouldn't have worried - absolutely everything about my stay exceeded my already high expectations. The room, decor, cleanliness, garden, breakfast, staff; honestly, even trying hard, I can't think of one criticism. It is an idyllic home from home and I cannot wait to stay again. As per other reviews, Dom & Allan are wonderful hosts and Twentytwo is a very special place. Don't hesitate to book - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Four years on from your last visit to twentytwo and delighted that we still pass muster!!

Great to have you back at twentytwo and we look forward to welcoming you again before another four years are up!

Best wishes