twentytwo
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$179
Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$197
$191
$201
$186
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$115
Hilton
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$148
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$155
$150
Orbitz.com
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$761
$428
Hotels.com
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$671
$648
  • Breakfast included
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$423
Agoda.com
All reviewsperfect hoststable mountainguest houserecommending and booking restaurantsplace to staysouth africastay in cape townthought of everythinghonesty barhome away from homerestaurant recommendationsgreat adviceprivate balconyeach morningconcierge servicecable carperfect stay
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is was my 3rd stay here. The previous 2 stays took place in 2007 and 2008. I rated it 5/5 then and I do so again now.

There is very little if anything one could or would want to improve upon.

It was nice to see some of the new touches and details of decor that were added since I was last here, and also nice to see how most things were unchanged. Rooms now have DSTV, not that we used it much, but nice to have.

Allan and Dominic welcomed me (us) like old friends even though it had been 4 years since I last saw them. Their hosting skills come naturally and are genuine, and this is what makes any stay here so wonderful.

Keep in mind also that with inflation pretty rampant in SA, their rates, especially with an early booking discount, are still some of the most competitive you will find anywhere in Cape Town.

Perfection, is all I can say.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write another very useful and informative review on twentytwo with the added perspective of a second return to us and with the passage of 4 years to judge how we have fared in the intervening period!

Both of us were delighted to read that the changes we've made to the guesthouse were noted and yet the essence of the place, in your view, remains the same.

One small correction to what you wrote is that we've had DSTV pay-tv installed since opening twentytwo in 2006, but what has changed, since 2008 at the time of your last visit, is that flat-screen televisions and DVD players have been added to all of the bedrooms.

We were also pleased to read that with the benefits of early booking and the discounts we have been offering during the 2012/13 Season, twentytwo, in your experience of visiting Cape Town, remains competively priced.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again in the future!

Best wishes

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I chose Twentytwo based on all the good reviews on Tripadvisor, and I wasn’t disappointed. Alan and Dominic were such welcoming and friendly hosts. My room was spacious and beautifully decorated. I was offered tea on my arrival and felt immediately at home. Breakfast was served on the deck by the pool and consisted of a lovely fruit salad, yoghurt, and muesli, with fresh orange juice (I passed on the option of a cooked breakfast). A wonderful stay and I would definitely stay with Alan and Dominic again!

Room Tip: ask for rooms 2, 3 and 4 which have a balcony and view of the city. I was in room 1 which faces the other way and looks into a nice courtyard (though you can see table mountain)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Many thanks for your recent review of twentytwo.

It's good for us to have a viewpoint from somebody living in South Africa herself and hope, the next time you're in Cape Town for business, to lure you away for good from the larger chain hotels you normally are placed in!

Have a great Jo'burg Christmas and thanks again for your very positive comments about what we strive to achieve here at twentytwo.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very well situated allowing easy access by car to everything Cape Town has to offer. Room was big with a nice size bathroom with both bath and shower and quality complimentary products. If you are fed up sitting in your room there is a communal lounge and outside area with pool.
Alan and Dominic are friendly, helpful and knowledgable hosts and will guide you in the right direction for whatever you want to do in and around Cape Town.
Well worth the visit and on our list for next time we visit South Africa.

Room Tip: Rooms three and four have a nice balcony with city views and are away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

From the first prompt and courteous emails from Dominic to the fantastic breakfasts provided by Allan I can't begin to tell you about the fabulous hospitality provided by these two men. I work for Disney Parks and I know all about how to make magic for guests and exceed expectations and our stay at twentytwo definitely exceeded expectations. Their advice for sightseeing that catered to our individual needs as well as the great restaurant recommendations were fabulous. They can easily size up their guests and provide personalized recommendations based on their guests input. The most outstanding part was breakfast. My husband and I have gluten sensitivity and eat gluten free. Allan specifically purchased gluten-free bread for us to eat. Not only was it gluten free, but it was fabulous. I have not had gluten free bread this good in the United States. Additionally he asked us what we normally eat for breakfast. We told him about this green shake we make every morning. The next few mornings he made the green shake for us. Completely unexpected and above and beyond the call of duty. While Capetown and the environs were wonderful, the best part of our visit was meeting Allan and Dominic!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
twentytwocapetown, Owner at twentytwo, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you so much for writing what you wrote about how we do things here at twentytwo - greatly appreciated!

We are of the size (ie small!) to cater, as much as we can, to our individual guest's needs and to listen properly to people coming to twentytwo, prior to and during their stay with us.

Your comments endorse what we aim to achieve here and hopefully we'll have the chance to welcome you both back to twentytwo and Cape Town some time in the future!

Very best wishes

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 days staying at TwentyTwo as part of our Honeymoon. The rooms are modern, with amazing views, and have all the top-shelf amenities for which one could hope. The B&B has a fantastic modern aesthetic with great views of the City Bowl and Lion's Head. We especially enjoyed our morning breakfast in the garden overlooking the pool and the great landscaping.

Regarding breakfast -- itwas excellent. Allan's English Breakfast w/ scrambled eggs was something I looked forward to each morning.

Having lived in Cape Town previously, we found that Allan & Dom were VERY knowledgeable about some of the less well-trodden paths to explore in the city. They helped us find great restaurants that "locals" attend and, when a cab failed to show, even brought us to one of our dinners.

In short, the place is amazing and the hosts are fun, warm, and loads of fun. We particularly enjoyed sharing a glass or two of wine with our hosts at the end of the day. We WILL be returning to TwentyTwo upon our next visit to Cape Town and strongly recommend those visiting Cape Town for the first time to stay here.

Room Tip: Two of the rooms have balconies and they are well worth booking in advance as the views are amazing and, especially in summer, relaxing on them in the morning is a must.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple