Ways to Experience Cape Point Nature Reserve
from $70.10
from $86.30
from $381.00
5,192 results
All reviews cape point light house two oceans meet funicular railway southernmost point flying dutchman african continent indian ocean walk up two oceans restaurant national park spectacular views day trip simons town entrance fee false bay worth the trip
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Went to Cape point yesterday.
It's awesome place and a must visit place . The views were magnificent and breathtaking.
There is a funicular at the 1st stop (car park) which cost 65zar one way or 80zar return fare taking you at the highest point to view the Cape . It's worth to taking one way only and walking down .There's a fast food place selling baguette's and a restaurant. Couple of souvenir shops. Don't miss this if you can .
Breathtaking is the only I can use

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Experience the true wildness of the Cape! Fynbos galore. Beautiful walkways to experience the vastness of the ocean and breathtaking landscape.
Great place to explore, lots of photo opportunities!
Would recommend 10/10

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Cape point is a extreme position of peninsula. Rocks and little trees were observed in the way. Sometimes, Baboon monkeys were observed as well. Take care. Don't forget to take a famous picture in the Cape Good Hope sign.

Reviewed 3 days ago

My girlfriend, our tour guide, and I drove to Simon’s Town from Cape Town where we would be kayaking in False Bay. The 45 minute drive from Cape Town to Simon’s Town is a scenic drive much like virtually every other in the Cape Town area. I had never been kayaking before so I found the activity to be quite difficult. We paddled along the inlet for approximately two hours and covered 3.5 miles on our journey in what was very foggy weather. It provided for a particularly ominous atmosphere similar to what you would expect near Halloween at a haunted forest especially considering the fact that False Bay is home to Great White Sharks. While most of the reported shark attacks occur on beaches that are a little ways from Simon’s Town, I could not help but think at times that there could be a shark lurking right beneath the surface. The simple fact that an individual can also book a shark cage diving trip in Simon’s Town is a potential warning sign. Fortunately many of the nearby beaches have shark spotters that communicate with individuals on the beaches and warn surfers of sharks in the area. Sometimes the surfers refuse to get out of the water even after being notified of a nearby Great White Shark!

We eventually reached Boulders Beach which is home to 3,000 African penguins. The penguins were swimming right beneath our kayak as we were watching in awe. My girlfriend and I couldn’t get enough of watching these interesting animals swimming around in the water and then drying off on shore by flapping their wings. Do note that tourists can’t get nearly as close to the animals if viewing from the shore. If you want the close up shots then I would opt for the kayak trip!

From Simon’s Town we continued on to Cape Point. Cape Point is also located within Table Mountain National Park and this section covers the southern tip of the Cape Peninsula. Cape Point is at the southwestern tip of the African continent and provides extraordinary views of the cape. I was blown away by the scenery that we experienced here. I would compare the backdrop to a combination of the Cliffs of Moher (located in Ireland) on one side and somewhat similar to the Greek Island landscape on the other side. Sitting atop the lighthouse at the top of the area, one could sit there for hours digesting the panoramic views. We again encountered baboons along our walk up to Cape Point. As long as an individual is not carrying food, it is unlikely that they will be harassed.

Next on our schedule for this very busy day was a visit to a nearby ostrich farm. Here we were able to learn more about the second fastest land animal in Africa behind the cheetah and also feed some of the ostriches. While we were observing the animals, there were a couple times where an ostrich excreted only to have another ostrich eat the feces! Certainly didn’t know I would be witnessing that when I went to the ostrich farm. This can be viewed as partly attributable to the fact that they have small brains. If you were wondering where the derogatory term “bird brain” came from then here is your answer. It was an enjoyable activity feeding the ostriches. They all huddled over when it was evident that we were going to provide food. The animals ate out of our palms in what I would describe as an aggressive pecking motion. Paula and I laughed as they gobbled up all the food.

On our way back to Cape Town, we stopped at a couple wineries in the Constantia region. We had a fabulous experience at the beautiful venues. I could imagine one visiting Cape Town and just spending weeks visiting all the local vineyards.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Go early, it’s a well worn track and you want to stay ahead of the bus loads. Saw ostriches and one lone brown zebra, sea lions in the distance but not so much wildlife.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Over priced rip off. Most expensive of all the South African attractions. We arrived and our baby had fallen asleep in the car so we asked at the entrance if it was worth it just to drive around. She said OFCOURSE it was. We took her advice and drove for 9 minutes only to get to a car park and had to turn back. Worst money ever spent!

Reviewed 5 days ago

Historically a very famous location therefore a must visit must be made however be aware the entry fee for non South African residents is set at ZAR 303 each whereas 73 is charged to residents......do they want overseas visitors I ask?.
We took our hire car into the park early and were glad we did as the queues we saw later in the day were long, the views to the cape were certainly impressive...we saw much wildlife with highlights being the baboons here and there. I would recommend good shoes as well as clothing to match the variable weather conditions especially if windy.....
Yes I would recommend despite the entry fees for non residents being high....

Reviewed 5 days ago

This reserve provides entrance to several parts of the southern Cape and if you enjoy the outdoors, it should not be missed. It's easily accessed either via self-drive, tour bus, taxi, or bike.

Reviewed 6 days ago

When we first got there, I was reminded a lot of Iceland with it's lack of trees, storm lashed coast, and abundance of exposed rock. Not just on the sea shore but also further inland. But the flowers are uniquely South Africa, and there are certainly no baboons in Iceland. A rough landscape with it's own stark beauty, plus the endless seas pounding the shores. I could stay there a long time.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We walked between the two points and so gained different views of the Southern Cape area. make it an outing in leisure. Do not rush.