“Manie Blue”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Manie Blue”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Great food and even better entertainment!!
I must admit I was quite interested to see how wait staff would be able to handle service and onstage performances, but was very surprised at how well both aspects were handled seamlessly, a truly satisfying menu and very talented staff kept our table riveted to our seats well after desserts had been served, a standing ovation worthy display from all.A big thanks to staff from front of house too the kitchen for their excellent service. Will definitely be making a booking again soon!

1 Thank Manfred B
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Manfred,
Your review was received with great excitement by all the staff., Performers chefs management and us the owners thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It is rare that people thank the back of house that are usually taken for granted and fail to appreciate the value of the hard work they put into making the evening special. We all wish to thank you personally so don't wait to long for the next booking date.
Many thanks from all the Stardust team

• Korean first
“A restaurant like no other!!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We went for my dad's 60th birthday. What a blast!!!

The food and atmosphere is something that you will not experience anywhere else.

The quality of the staff from a service point of view was outstanding. The staff from a vocal and performance perspective is just unreal and in my humble opinion is far better than the stuff in the charts.Punters and staff dancing on tables, getting the crowd involved.

The bar has been set very very high and every other venue from now on in is going to be mediocre at best after this.

I would recommend it 100% every time

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dean V
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Dear Dean, A customer like no other ... what great words of kindness. We cant thank you enough. Many people visit but few take the time to review and report in such a positive manner. Your positive reaction has been posted on the staff notice board and will definitely be an incentive to push ourselves forward even more. Please come and visit again soon and give us the opportunity to thank you personally for your review and great comments.
Newlands, South Africa
“Oh my Goodeness!!! a MUST visit!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a fantastic concept! Dancing, performing arts and great food being served, all in one evening!
I don't know if I was more blown away by the South African talent that was surrounding me or that it was coming from the waiters serving me.

This is by far one of the greatest places to take ANY person that have never been! From foreigners, to far-away families, business functions, birthday's, kitchen tea's, you name it!! They have what it takes to make you get up from your seat and joining in on the fun around you!

It was lovely to see the passion and the involvement from the Owners towards their business whilst watching their staff in action.

This is one place that you keep on going back to :)

• Visited May 2014
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Nickey your review was the best we could have asked for. I wish to thank you on behalf of all the Stardust team for your kind words. We will be waiting for you upon your return and commit to make your next visit amazing. Please make yourself known to either my wife or myself upon your future visit so that we will be able to express our gratitude personally.
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“Bitter sweet”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Sweet booking, parking, welcome, ambience, entertainment, starters and desserts.

However, all let down by choosing the set menus. The tagines were simply awful and served in open snack bowl type of arrangements. ONE chicken drumstick to share between 2 people - really and you call that a chicken tagine? The lamb tagine was full of fat and of poor quality. The seafood tagine tasted too fishy and was quite off-putting. None of these dishes were actually made in tagines and thus at best the dishes could be called stews. To be fair, the a la carte mains looked delicious and would probably have been the better option. Dinner service was not good and was not helped by being served by the arrogant waiter who acted as MC for the entertainment.

Some of the performers did a great job with audience participation and the whole concept is a great hit for parties celebrating 21sts and other events. We were fortunate to have very obliging birthday boys.

Despite the disasterous tagines (we did not make a fuss so as not to embarrass our host) the evening was enjoyable but doubt we will be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Selena G
Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Selena G,
First of all I wish to thank you for your review and for pointing out the items that need improvement from a customers point of view. Had we not had such input we would never have the opportunity to rectify our flaws.
As per the issues raised:
Our tagines are usually a flagship dish and served in authentic Tagine Bowls with a Tagine tent shaped lid. The chicken is thigh deboned and is Tagine style cooked for several hours. This is definitely not the description of the dish you were served. I would really want to investigate the matter further to try and understand what when wrong but unfortunately do not have enough information on the Trip Advisor review. I would be so ever obliged if you could drop me an e-mail admin@stardustcapetown.com with more detailed information so that I could investigate the matter and assure that it does not reoccur. I will obviously also scrutinize the other Tagines to ensure that they are of the quality we wish to project. As per the performers, they are amazing people and fantastic hosts. All I can ask from the bottom of my heart is that on your next visit to Cape Town - Give us a second chance. Please don't judge us by our mistakes but by the way we will correct them. We will enhance the positive and rectify the needed improvement. We thank you for you input including the positive and not so positive words, they mean a lot to us as elaborated above.
Sincerely looking forward to seeing you soon again,
Lionel
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Ms”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous fun entertaining foot stomping evening. Great staff great music. Beautiful old building, lots of parking and security

Lionel L, Owner at Stardust, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear "Ms"
Your kind words are like music to our ears. We hope to be able to play lots more music to entertain and host you soonest as every evening is totally different at Stardust. Of our 28 performing waiters, a different team change to make every evening unique. We therefore hope that we will see you soon again soon and have the opportunity to showcase our extremely talented staff.
Please make yourself known to us when you visit again as we like to meet with you in person.
Kind regards and many thanks,
Lionel