All reviewsboutique hotelkloof streettable mountainbeach bagour honeymoonbooking taxisquiet neighborhoodlittle touchesguest houselion's headdinner reservationsthe main housegreat boutiquefour nightsbreakfast was excellentpersonal attentionsmall hotel
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Despite only staying here one night, we were offered the chance to use the hotel's facilities the next day while waiting for our late night flight. Our room was straight from an interior design dream and the surroundings so hip and cool it almost hurt. Probably the best hotel we've stayed at, certainly in Africa and maybe anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a great stay in Cape Town, made all the more enjoyable by having a fantastic base a stone's throw from Kloof Street. We kick-started every day with a hearty breakfast, and the attentive service of Jade, Sonja and Nadine who are always on hand to help with lots of friendly tips.
The ambience is calm and relaxing, and I became very fond of the verandah overlooking the courtyard and (small) pool. Our room also had great light, with both a city and a mountain view.
My only criticism is that when the notorious Cape Town wind was whirling the room was very noisy, which made it hard to sleep. Saying that, it wouldn't put us off returning. I'm pretty confident that we'll be back as Four Rosmead won a fond place in our hearts.

Room Tip: Splash out on one of the two rooms overlooking the courtyard/pool out the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at Four Rosmead in October 2013. Nadine was gracious and accommodating and truly made our stay comfortable and enjoyable. She attended to all of our questions made arrangements for dinners, visiting Table Mountain, as well as directions and advice for numerous other locations. The property is stylish and welcoming, with several areas for lounging, both indoors and outdoors - somewhere I would love to call home. The location was ideal for our interests, although some may find issues with the steep hills for walking (we did a lot of walking and had no problems). Parking is a bonus. Although we attempted to make use of the beach bag and frisbee, the winds were too strong, but a great touch in the room. I also loved the rooibos toiletries and only wish I could get my hands on them at home! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in February 14, the hotel is delightful, the rooms were elegant and the facilities excellent. The pool is very refreshing and the staff very helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel, although not close to down town, its a short taxi ride to the V&A.

Room Tip: Try for a view over the city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Four Rosmead is a calm, lovely boutique hotel in a residential part of Cape Town. After a long day of sight-seeing, it was wonderful to return to FR for a cool drink or swim in the pretty pool. Everything about the place is chill and calming. Very comfortable rooms and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel