17 on Loader Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
See available hotels
De Waterkant Village(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Village Lodge(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
African Elite de Waterkant(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
Rockwell All Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Protea Hotel Cape Town Cape Castle(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had to cram 3 days & 2 nights of sightseeing, shopping and partying in cape town. 17 on loader was a great place to unwind after each day - Great location - walking distance from Long street, lovely view of table mountain and the city from the roof top... Would definitely go back...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kavinya
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Clean rooms, great location to all the Die Waterkant restaurants and bars. They could do with a little more attention to service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank averma001
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed in a previous guest house which was supposedly one star higher, but I found 17 on Loader to be very modern, clean and with very good facilities. It is also located in a great location with commanding views from the roof top terrace.

I received a pre-arrival email from Ben the live in Manager which was very professional and upon greeting me on arrival, confirmed that the service was well above par. Small touches made a difference, such as a fully stocked shared kitchen with honesty system and a very good breakfast with freshly cooked bread and a basket placed outside your door in the morning.

I travel frequently and have been genuinely impressed.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank RGM79
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I recently booked accomodation for my mom for 3 nights & we were all nervous since it was her 1st time in CT but the staff & managers at 17 on Loader were awesome & very helpful. I was very impressed with how they hosted her & she tells me the place looks stunning. So i will definetely stay there next time i'm in CT.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolLe20
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I actually arrived sick at the guesthouse and we had booked room 17 C which doesn't have external windows and no air-conditioning. The room is very small and feels a little claustrophobic. The staff was very attentive and Benjamin tried his best to get us another room as we had booked for four nights. He actually managed to get us the nicest and biggest room, 19 A, for the last two days and even apologized with a bottle of champagne that he couldn't move us earlier. That was very sweet and we actually very much enjoyed our stay despite the sickness. The idea of finding your breakfast basket in front of the room was nice every morning, but unfortunately there was very little in the basket and there wasn't any extra bread. We usually had a second breakfast outside. There is free, safe parking behind the guesthouse, which is very handy as parking is sparse in Waterkant. Unfortunately you have to pay for wifi. As there are plenty of cafes and restaurants with free wifi we didn't use that service. Big compliments to the staff and a special thanks to Benjamin.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple