“Caution! Fraud!”

Arriba Latin Fusion
Ranked #550 of 1,224 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Please be advised, waiter serves wine triple the price than ordered! Does not react to complaint! Total fraud! Caution!

d621474, Manager at Arriba Latin Fusion, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Gangben

I thank you for the opportunity to discuss this concern with you via e-mail and I greatly appreciate your prompt response to my message. As mentioned, a thorough investigation was conducted with regards to your negative experience. Since the manager at the time is no longer with Arriba, it took some time to obtain the details...please accept the delayed review response.

It seems that your table received an outdated wine list that featured a R80 wine. It was explained to your dining companion - who placed the order - that Arriba did not have stock of selected wine and she accepted a similar wine presented to her. Said wine was in a higher price range and I, on behalf of the Arriba team, sincerely apologise that this was not mentioned or discussed on ordering.

We have now ensured that there are no outdated wine lists in our establishment and have taken the necessary action required to guarantee that a similar incident does not occur again.

We also wish to thank your dining companion for the generosity shown to your waiter of the evening, despite this mishap.

Please accept our apologies and do visit us when next in Cape Town. It is our pleasure to offer you a complimentary dinner and we would be delighted to host you!

Warm Regards
Heidi
on behalf of Arriba Latin Fusion Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been to many places in Long Street, you might even call it a hobby not to go to a place more than once. So, walking back after wine at another establishment in the same, the half-price cocktail special caught my eye and whispered in my ear to come in. To my surprise, the price was half of the price I expected to be the already marked-down price. Great to see some local places cater for a local budget with very friendly staff, a wide variety of food and drink on the menu and good music to complete the vibe. I might even make an exception to my own rule and go back again (soon)

Reviewed February 22, 2014

While there are hundreds of restaurants in Cape Town, locals are always hard pressed to find somewhere that's worth going out for, where the food is geniunely wonderful, elevating - philosophically enhancing if you will - in short, in a whole other league from what one could make at home. Those which are in this category are so popular that they are always booked up ahead.

So we were greatly surprised to pop in unannounced to this place Arriba! which we had never been to before, and encounter meals which were perfectly rendered in every small particular. Medallions of fillet so soft and fresh and precisely cooked, they were more reminiscent of the immaculateness of good sushi than what usually goes for meat dishes in this town.

Kudu fillet with cherry jus, roasted hazelnuts and perfectly al dente vegetables, exquisitely arranged, tasting as one dreams it should rather than the horrible let-down which usually accompanies real life. Lamb shank in a deliciously sweet caramelised sauce, accompanied by the most delicately perfect onion tart.

On top of this. amazingly, Arriba! also has really affordable cocktails - a good R10 cheaper than anywhere else - making a possibility of deliciously decadent evening realisable even for us ordinary folk.

Once you notice the fastidiousness of the cooking, you begin to notice the fastidiousness of the rest of it. The seating is very comfortable, generous, and staunch. No getting a back-ache trying to balance on a badly designed chair. Lovely cushions. Lovely sound system. All fresh and clean and ample. Waitrons who have actually been trained properly and are genuinely nice people.

I've been back five times in a week, because there just isn't anywhere else that offers all this, plus ample space and lots of differently-appointed rooms, courtyards, pavements etc to choose from. All with their own character.

I can't wait to work my way through everything on the menu over the next few weeks, till I get to the masterfully gorgeous desserts.

1  Thank Lizza L
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not being much of a drinker - not into wine or beer culture - readers of this review must take into account that a good mojito is my gold standard. They are right up there with excellent food and service, which I feel strongly compelled to seek out on a once-weekly basis.

Having just excused ourselves from an "upmarket" venue with terrible mojito's at R68 each, and barely a nod at food of any sort, we were petitioned on the pavement in Long Street to look at the menu by what may have seemed like any venue competing for customers in a highly competitive area.

The venue was vast - many rooms with huge, old-style candelabras, coil lightbulbs and sea-green walls in the style of Cuba - but not overdone like so many others jumping on the Cuba bandwagon.

Our waiter, Mark, was an excellent genuinely delightful person and completely spot on with his recommendations:: I ordered calamari, but he took the trouble to warn me it was steak, not rings on that occasion, so I changed my order to the sublimely juicy medium-rare burger. My partner chose the steak. Both were super-fresh, garnished with fresh pesto and grilled to perfection.

And that's about the last thing I remember before coming back down to write this review from those three perfect R25 mojitos.. Arriva!

(romance? TripAdvisor is asking what sort of couples venue this is.. if not at all being judged for rolling around on the couch seating in hysterical laughter is measure of a good time... : )

1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Well, where do I start? I had the pleasure of visiting and staying here a week or so back and it was all fabulous. The room my friend and I had was incredible, from the view of the mountain, the amazingly soft pillows & bed to the wonderful shower. The room & bathroom were tastefully decorated and there was the god send of air con!

I love good food and the food here was divine as were the cocktails! Friendly and efficient staff. The general atmosphere was laid back with a great vibe and the décor was great. Love the chandelier. All in all, we had a brilliant time and would recommend to anyone and will be back!

1  Thank Shells666