This hotel is a great value for what you get. I have stayed there with my husband and 13 months old son and we have enjoyed everything in the hotel. The breakfast is nice with lots to choose from the menu, the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Our room was on the main street but gladly we did not get bothered by the traffic noise as the windows were sound proof.
We have requested a baby bed prior to arrival and it was already in our room when we arrived. However they don't have a child seat at the restaurant which made our breakfast a bit of a challenge. Also, I found the service a bit slow and unorganized but that's probably because there was only one person who's looking after the entire hotel and the service which is very common in boutique hotels. The following day we have asked for breakfast in our room and they had no problem to bring it up to our room.
About the location it's a walking distance to the waterfront and there are lots of nice restaurants for lunch/ dinner in the neighborhood. The walk to the waterfront and in the neighborhood is pleasant as you see lots of nice houses, hotels and lots of greenery.
We would not hesitate to come back especially that the staff were very friendly to us and to our little son.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated mix of raw brick, woods, stainless steel, porcelain tiles and glass sets us apart in style. Minutes from the Cape Quarter, V&A Waterfront, World Cup Stadium, Convention Centre, and a refreshing range of restaurants and night life. Enjoy our perfect position in the heart of the mother city. Retreat to a cocoon of comfort with natural fabrics and earth tones in our luxury en suite rooms. Enjoy spacious bathrooms with large showers for your private indulgence. Twin basins. Heated towel rails. We believe in the detail. Choose a view: Pool, Waterfront or Mountain? The quiet hillside suites, each with their private plunge pool, look onto Signal Hill - the "rump" of fabled Lion's Head mountain. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, you'll be well looked after. Pamper yourself with one of our Wellness treatments or relax, sipping sundowners, on the pool deck. Marc's Table, our in-house restaurant offers hearty breakfasts, light à la carte lunches and romantic dinners. Sip cognacs, after dark, in our cosy library. Sugar, for food requirements, provides a unique and specialized menu that suits any palette. We will prepare food to your request on instruction. Our daily menu is never the same, and warm hearty meals are prepared just for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Sugar Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sugar Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa