Unfortunately, in most parts of the world, Customer Service is dead. Not at Sugar Hotel. All of the staff were amazing and did everything they could to make my 4-night stay memorable, and easy. Because of the small number of rooms in the hotel, I felt that I was an important friend, not just another person lost in a cold, huge, generic hotel. Everyone (from reception to chef to waitress) were friendly and top-notch.
The breakfast was excellent! (Although, beware, if you do want to dine in the restaurant for lunch or dinner, you must let the staff know in the morning, otherwise you'll have to eat elsewhere as they buy all their food fresh to prepare specifically to your request.)
The tiny details (like the triple filtered water tap in the bathroom and bath salts for the bathtub) were a nice touch. I also received the "Quick Fix" spa treatment (mini-pedi, facial, and massage) and it was excellent. Word of advice, it took me 3 days to get a reservation at the spa (they were booked the entire time), so try to book early if you want any spa treatment during your stay.
Everything: aircon, (free!) WiFi internet, TV, water temps, etc worked perfectly. The location is about a 15-20 min walk from the V&A Waterfront, but taxis are also readily available. I felt very safe in the neighborhood and can only hope to stay here again someday! Thanks again Sugar Staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated mix of raw brick, woods, stainless steel, porcelain tiles and glass sets us apart in style. Minutes from the Cape Quarter, V&A Waterfront, World Cup Stadium, Convention Centre, and a refreshing range of restaurants and night life. Enjoy our perfect position in the heart of the mother city. Retreat to a cocoon of comfort with natural fabrics and earth tones in our luxury en suite rooms. Enjoy spacious bathrooms with large showers for your private indulgence. Twin basins. Heated towel rails. We believe in the detail. Choose a view: Pool, Waterfront or Mountain? The quiet hillside suites, each with their private plunge pool, look onto Signal Hill - the "rump" of fabled Lion's Head mountain. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, you'll be well looked after. Pamper yourself with one of our Wellness treatments or relax, sipping sundowners, on the pool deck. Marc's Table, our in-house restaurant offers hearty breakfasts, light à la carte lunches and romantic dinners. Sip cognacs, after dark, in our cosy library. Sugar, for food requirements, provides a unique and specialized menu that suits any palette. We will prepare food to your request on instruction. Our daily menu is never the same, and warm hearty meals are prepared just for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Hotel And Spa
- Sugar Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sugar Hotel & Spa Cape Town, South Africa