“Small Hotels are my favourite”
Review of Sugar Hotel & Spa

Sugar Hotel & Spa
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Well, this is the first time I have left a tripadvisor review. And I am doing it becasue my stay at the Sugar hotel was one of the more pleasant and rewarding stays I have ever had in a hotel. Everything from the communication before my arrival to checking-in, the room, the quality of the bed, the staff, the food was top notch and a delight. I was in Cape Town on business and generally look to find a small "unique" hotel. There are only 7 rooms in this hotel - yet the staff are personal and friendly but never intrude. The breakfast is to die for!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sandy H

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our first visit to the Marc's Table (dining) at the Sugar Hotel and Spa in Cape Town was way beyond our expectations. The food tasted wonderful and was plated beautifully, the service superb and not intrusive and the ambiance created a very pleasant evening with soft jazz music in the background. What a gem!! We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nina V
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Wonderful place; very small (7 rooms) with highly personalized service. One feels more like a guest at a home than a 'number' at an impersonal hotel. Beds are super comfortable; they have thought of everything. The hotel has their own Audi Q7 with VERY knowledgeable tour guides on call. Utmost in convenience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EdTraveling
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 3year wedding anniversary by spoiling ourselves and what an amazing experience it was. Felt like we were royalty with everything snow white and that beautiful aroma drifting throught the entire hotel. Breakfast was wow, best we ever had and service was excellent. We highly recommend The Sugar Hotel & Spa and we cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charmaine H
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What can I say? I travel for business all around the world and this is the first time I write a review. It was only one quick stop in CT, but wanted to try this hotel. From the moment I made the booking I knew this place was different. This is not a 5 star hotel, this is your 6 star house. You feel home from the moment you see the place. I enjoyed the hotel itself, the room, the sundeck, the pool, the bed, the bathroom, the details, the service, the service, the service.... and; THE FOOD.

I promise, I HATE omelettes in hotels, most of them have the same "flavour", no matter what hotel, or if they come with ham or salmon, most of them have the same back flavour... I had the best omelette I´ve ever had in my life.

N-Kosi, the manager, was a star. He made us feel at home. From the very first moment I confirmed our booking until we left the hotel.

Location is good. Obviously its not in front of the sea, and its not inside the V&A, but its very convenient, easy to get to and a mere 10 minute walk from V&A.

I recommend staying there a few nights and trying the restaurant for dinner. We could not do it but saw some people enjoying some great dishes.

I will come back. Sooner or later, but I will be back. As soon as I can.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ViajeroSecret
Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a fabulous little gem on the high street. The decor is absolutely fab and the food pics on display here do not do justice to the magnificent French Toast (with a twist of mascapone cheese and berries) i savoured before heading off for a busy day! I'll be back...
Colleen

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Colleen925
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Sugar hotel. Very friendly staff which made us feel so welcome. The bed was huge with a beautifull modern bathroom. It is locted on a great spot, close to a lot of restaurants. The breakfast was delicious! Wish we could've stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple