“A great break in the inner City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel

Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel
Ranked #76 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“A great break in the inner City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

They say a break is as good as a holiday and my one night stay at this quaint arty hotel was just what we needed. We were made to feel right at home by Este - she welcomed us with a big smile and immediately offered us a welcome drink. We stayed in the Open Room and were treated to a comfy bed surrounded by the most fantastic photography of sunrises and sunsets. The hotel was a perfect base to explore the many restaurants and nightlife that Long Street offers- it made me feel like a teenager again. Thank you to Este and the fantastic staff of Daddy Long Legs- we had a fantastic stay and can't wait to get back to your place to experience another night- we still have another 12 rooms to experience. Thank you Janine and Mourchelay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi Janine and Mourchelay

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely stay with us, glad you had a great time. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future to check out all our other rooms.

Jason Rodwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Excellent prices, amazing rooms, excellent service, great location, nothing to dislike!
We took three rooms and kept switching to experience different rooms, and they were amazing all three of them. The prices are very fair, and I would definitely stay there again to experience a different room!

Room Tip: Each room has a different theme and story, go on their website and pick your favorite room upon book...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hi There

Thanks for sharing your lovely stay with us at Daddy Long Legs. We encourage all our guests to check out as many different rooms as possible during their stay, as you could potentially have 13 different experiences in our 13 different rooms.

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Arrived for a long weekend in Cape Town and had read about this place on the Internet although the article was from a couple of years ago. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. On Long St so in the heart of the city bowl and close to Bo Kaap, the city gardens, the mall, shops, a number of pubs and nice restaurants. Also easy walking distance to V&A Waterfront. The rooms are all decked out uniquely, I stayed in the Mak1one room which features a large installation descending from the roof above the bed and graffiti art and orange warning light in the bathroom...whatever that is for ;-) completely recommend this for first time visitors and return visitors to Cape Town. I'll be back there soon...hopefully to check out another couple of their amazing rooms.

Room Tip: Check them out on the Internet - if you like a room design ask for it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hi Jono

Thanks for sharing your lovely experience at Daddy Long Legs. We strive to be as welcoming and friendly as possible to ensure all our guests have a splendid and most memorable stay with us.

Just for interest sake, the orange warning light in the bathroom is a reminder of the negative aspect of authority over graffiti and the misunderstandings around it.

If you loved the "BeingMakOne" room we would suggest checking out our brand new room "Sailor Jerry" which was launched this month, upon your next visit with us.

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Stellenbosch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

If you are going to be a tourist in your own country you have to spoil yourself by staying here! We went back to SA for holiday and met up with our cousin in CT who was staying at the hotel. Somehow between the dripping atmosphere and the great house wine (red..mm..) we just had to stay over. First of all - best staff in the country. They arranged for one of the apartments up the road in 5 minutes. They have a sense of humour and live up to "local is lekker". The apartment was clean, beautiful and conveniently located next to our favourite chinese restaurant in Cape Town. Not too noisy (but who cares anyway - it's Cape Town people..) and they have earplugs if you really want to pass out. Parking is not the easiest to find, but that is everyday life. You get more than what you expect after paying. Definitely going back. Soon.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Hello Carin

Thanks so much for sharing your time that you spent with us, we cherish all feedback from guests and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

All the best from myself and all the staff here at Daddy Long Legs.

Noordoewer, Namibia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at DLL hotel. We celebrated our 2jr wedding anniversary, and being from Namibia and living on a farm we were looking to do something deferent. I made prior arrangements with Dominic, one of the staff members to organize champagne and snack for our room, and this was no hassle for him, on arrival we were surprised with a bottle of Steenberg Bubble and very nice treats. Thank you so much for going the extra mile in assuring we had a awesome time. We stayed in the emergency room, daring but perfect. The staff were very helpful, room clean and the stay was memorable and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Hello Zaan

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words about our Hotel and staff, we cherish all feedback from guests and we are all so glad you had a wonderful wedding anniversary.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

All the best from myself and all the staff here at Daddy Long Legs

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at Daddy Long Leg in April 2012 for 4 nights. It's located on a a busy st (Long St) full of shops, night life which is great. I booked it online after reading interesting mostly positive reviews. This might be a different review...
Location - easy access to Bokaap (10-15min walk), Greenmarket 2-3min, access to Waterfront 25-30min walk (I took taxis which is about 4-5$). I am always unhappy when I reach a hotel after a long journey and find there is no elevator...I got assistance, but the point is inconvenience. It's an old art deco kinda building. Secured entry which is good. But it becomes a party venue, noisy bar etc on most evenings. My first night I couldn't sleep as the bar noise went till 3-4am. The rooms are uniquely named (not numbered) and styled. I am all for independent style, quirks, funks, hippie-ness, cool stuff - but this place annoyed me. The decor was over the top. I guess it didn't give peaceful time but distracting sight into all the little quirks. Bath rooms wer ultra small (I had the ensuite). I dreaded showering in it but had to... Air con often didn't work. Street noise is not a major issue but the issue is the noise from the bar! Bed was ok, there was a TV - only if I could get it to work!
The guests are all backpackers (well at least the time when I was there). Travellers and tourists in their 20s. I might have been an odd one (late 30s) and seeking a bit more comfort. No breakfast, no restaurant/cafe, no ATM machine inside. Free coffee available though. Staff were very friendly and nice. Young staff I must add without uniform which is nice...I won't stay here again, but if you are backpacking and want little excitement during your stay, do choose it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello There

Thanks so much for your feedback, we cherish all feedback from guests as this is one of the best ways we get to hear whether or not what we doing is loved and where we can tweak things to make guests stays with us all the better.

Just to address the slightly more negative comments, as our building is a heritage site, a lift is unfortunately never an option as it conflicts with building regulations, however, as you stated, you were assisted by our porter.

We have events every Friday night, live music on our balcony and make sure they never stretch later than 11pm, this is open for all guests, this is the rule for all events that happen here for that matter, so the fact that you were kept up until 3am or 4am is concerning and i do apologize on behalf of Daddy Long Legs for that.

All guests that stay with us have the choice of which room they would like to stay in, subject to availability, so we always suggest to all guests to check out the rooms first and choose which you would like to stay in, as if you are not wanting something over the top we have more down to earth rooms in our hotel.

Knysna, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed at Daddy Long Legs three times now on business trips to Cape Town. I don't think the hotel is really aimed at the South African business traveler (I'm probably twice the age of most of the guests), but I enjoy staying there. It makes the overnight stay in Cape Town interesting and fun, and it is certainly different from staying in one of the big hotel brands, in which you could be anywhere in the world.

The decor is quirky and fun; the rooms are basic, but comfortable and clean. Free and fast wifi would be an improvement. The staff are friendly and fairly knowledgeable. I have not been disturbed by noise from inside or outside the hotel (quite surprisingly even when staying on the Long Street side at a busy time). I have always found parking in the street outside (admittedly I arrive late) and my hired car has always been fine in the morning. The breakfast place downstairs is not brilliant or cheap, but quite adequate and open from 6:30. (I have not been offered a R50 voucher, but I have claimed 10% discount as a Daddy Long Legs guest).

I love being able to walk to restaurants in Long Street, and for business meetings in the city the location is extremely convenient (the parking marshals can be persuaded to allow the car to stay in its street side parking place all day).

I will continue to make this my base for short trips to Cape Town and if I were asked to recommend a place for travelers to stay, especially young ones who want to get a taste of Cape Town's night life, I would strongly recommend Daddy Long Legs.

Room Tip: Take pot luck - each one is individually decorated - you might be surprised.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Michael

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words about our Hotel, we cherish any feedback from guests, as this is one of the most important ways for us to make things better or to simply know that what we doing is loved by guests, glad you keep having amazing stays while you are with us. We are looking into faster and limited free wifi, so hopefully your next stay with us that will be updated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next time.