“Awesome stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Noordoewer, Namibia
“Awesome stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at DLL hotel. We celebrated our 2jr wedding anniversary, and being from Namibia and living on a farm we were looking to do something deferent. I made prior arrangements with Dominic, one of the staff members to organize champagne and snack for our room, and this was no hassle for him, on arrival we were surprised with a bottle of Steenberg Bubble and very nice treats. Thank you so much for going the extra mile in assuring we had a awesome time. We stayed in the emergency room, daring but perfect. The staff were very helpful, room clean and the stay was memorable and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Hello Zaan

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words about our Hotel and staff, we cherish all feedback from guests and we are all so glad you had a wonderful wedding anniversary.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

All the best from myself and all the staff here at Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at Daddy Long Leg in April 2012 for 4 nights. It's located on a a busy st (Long St) full of shops, night life which is great. I booked it online after reading interesting mostly positive reviews. This might be a different review...
Location - easy access to Bokaap (10-15min walk), Greenmarket 2-3min, access to Waterfront 25-30min walk (I took taxis which is about 4-5$). I am always unhappy when I reach a hotel after a long journey and find there is no elevator...I got assistance, but the point is inconvenience. It's an old art deco kinda building. Secured entry which is good. But it becomes a party venue, noisy bar etc on most evenings. My first night I couldn't sleep as the bar noise went till 3-4am. The rooms are uniquely named (not numbered) and styled. I am all for independent style, quirks, funks, hippie-ness, cool stuff - but this place annoyed me. The decor was over the top. I guess it didn't give peaceful time but distracting sight into all the little quirks. Bath rooms wer ultra small (I had the ensuite). I dreaded showering in it but had to... Air con often didn't work. Street noise is not a major issue but the issue is the noise from the bar! Bed was ok, there was a TV - only if I could get it to work!
The guests are all backpackers (well at least the time when I was there). Travellers and tourists in their 20s. I might have been an odd one (late 30s) and seeking a bit more comfort. No breakfast, no restaurant/cafe, no ATM machine inside. Free coffee available though. Staff were very friendly and nice. Young staff I must add without uniform which is nice...I won't stay here again, but if you are backpacking and want little excitement during your stay, do choose it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello There

Thanks so much for your feedback, we cherish all feedback from guests as this is one of the best ways we get to hear whether or not what we doing is loved and where we can tweak things to make guests stays with us all the better.

Just to address the slightly more negative comments, as our building is a heritage site, a lift is unfortunately never an option as it conflicts with building regulations, however, as you stated, you were assisted by our porter.

We have events every Friday night, live music on our balcony and make sure they never stretch later than 11pm, this is open for all guests, this is the rule for all events that happen here for that matter, so the fact that you were kept up until 3am or 4am is concerning and i do apologize on behalf of Daddy Long Legs for that.

All guests that stay with us have the choice of which room they would like to stay in, subject to availability, so we always suggest to all guests to check out the rooms first and choose which you would like to stay in, as if you are not wanting something over the top we have more down to earth rooms in our hotel.

Knysna, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed at Daddy Long Legs three times now on business trips to Cape Town. I don't think the hotel is really aimed at the South African business traveler (I'm probably twice the age of most of the guests), but I enjoy staying there. It makes the overnight stay in Cape Town interesting and fun, and it is certainly different from staying in one of the big hotel brands, in which you could be anywhere in the world.

The decor is quirky and fun; the rooms are basic, but comfortable and clean. Free and fast wifi would be an improvement. The staff are friendly and fairly knowledgeable. I have not been disturbed by noise from inside or outside the hotel (quite surprisingly even when staying on the Long Street side at a busy time). I have always found parking in the street outside (admittedly I arrive late) and my hired car has always been fine in the morning. The breakfast place downstairs is not brilliant or cheap, but quite adequate and open from 6:30. (I have not been offered a R50 voucher, but I have claimed 10% discount as a Daddy Long Legs guest).

I love being able to walk to restaurants in Long Street, and for business meetings in the city the location is extremely convenient (the parking marshals can be persuaded to allow the car to stay in its street side parking place all day).

I will continue to make this my base for short trips to Cape Town and if I were asked to recommend a place for travelers to stay, especially young ones who want to get a taste of Cape Town's night life, I would strongly recommend Daddy Long Legs.

Room Tip: Take pot luck - each one is individually decorated - you might be surprised.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Michael

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words about our Hotel, we cherish any feedback from guests, as this is one of the most important ways for us to make things better or to simply know that what we doing is loved by guests, glad you keep having amazing stays while you are with us. We are looking into faster and limited free wifi, so hopefully your next stay with us that will be updated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next time.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights in the sunset room and thought overall the place was pretty great! After the bars part of a month camping the showers were awesome. The staff were pretty helpful and it is in a great location on Long St so very easy to get to cafes, restaurants and shops without needing taxis.

We loved the concept of the place - each room with a different design/theme and wondered why it wasn't done more commonly in other hotels around the world (maybe it is??). I got a peek of the photo booth room and the karaoke room. Wow.

A couple of things though: the top floor is a long way up so if you have heavy bags be prepared for a hike; free use of computers in the reception area was good but wifi costs; no minibar or tv in the rooms (didn't bother us but it might for some).

Looking forward to our next stay.

Stayed April 2012
Hello There

Thanks so much for your feedback, we cherish all feedback from guests, glad you had an amazing stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon. Be sure to check out the other rooms next time you stay with us.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at Daddy Long Legs in January 2012 in one of their self catering apartments and loved it. The apartment was bright, had plenty of room and everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. We were there for nearly a week and our room was cleaned and replenished everyday. The apartments are separate from the actual hotel on Long Street so you do need to walk a couple of blocks if you need to speak to someone at the front desk, however staff were friendly and helpful, so worth the walk.
I won't lie, it was a bit noisy with a bar/ restaurant directly underneath us and just the general commotion on Long Street. With that said, they do supply ear plugs and after the first night we didn't use them as we were used to it. I guess there has be some trade off on the great location.
We had a very pleasant stay at Daddy Long Legs who as far as I could tell offered some of the best value rooms in Cape Town.

Room Tip: If staying in one of the self-catering apartments, try to get one at the back of the building away f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Hello Lauren

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words, we cherish any feedback from guests, glad you had an amazing stay in our Apartments and hope to see you again soon. A special thanks also for sharing your blog post with us, i will be sure to post it on our Facebook page.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel. All rooms are different. We stayed at the Karoke room. Great one

Room Tip: Karoke room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Hello there!

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words, we cherish any feedback from guests as this is the only way we can improve and grow, glad you had an amazing stay and hope to see you again soon.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great atmosphere - fantastic design - friendly staff - very clean - located in the heart of Cape Town

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zosia H
Jason R, General Manager at Daddy Long Legs Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Hi there!

Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words, we are so glad you had an amazing stay and hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards and again thank you for your feedback.