All reviewslong streetbigger roomgreenmarket squareexcellent hospitalitydecent hotelrooftop terracethe hotel staffhighly recommend this hotelenjoyed my staycamps baytable mountainreceptionistwaterfrontcbd
Reviewed September 8, 2010

On the 1ste of September I went and watch a show at the Gatta Patat Teater in the Cape Diamond Hotel. It was a La Diva Show and it was awesome. I like the venue and would go back for any another show at this teater. You can sit and drink wine while the atmosphere is great. Many well-known people has sign the "wall of fame" in the Teater so I would assume there was a lot of nice shows before. Well done to the Cape Diamond Hotel for such a great venue!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was working in Durban so i popped down to CapeTown for a weekend and the price was very very good around £13 per night via Expedia when i booked flights with them.

The room was cold but the whole of Capetown was too! The room was basic and clean - really what i wanted for 2 nights trip. Its not far from the night life on long street and overall in an ok area.

The breakfast was very good and it seems that locals popped in for breakfast and dinner. Downstairs has been upgraded and looks very good and i think they are starting to upgrade the rooms. For what i needed it was very good but overall i would say it was ok as its basic and nothing special. £13 a night it was around the same price as a hostel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Went to this hotel as part of a world cup package after staying at the Adderley Hotel around the corner( which i must say was superb in all ways). The entrance/ dining area was obviously upgraded with new tiles paint etc to make it look inviting but that is where it ended. Were put into one of the small rooms after travelling back from mauritius for 6 hours and discovered one of the real hotels from hell .The lifts are old and creaky and every transfer can be heard together with the fact that there is NO noise insulation in the walls between the rooms or ceiling .In all honesty we could hear the peoples conversation next door , the girl coughing across from us and the late night revellers next doors party and seduction techniques with absolute crystal clarity.
There was no shower and just a bath and after a days travel we needed to wash so sat in the bath to find the hot water run rusty dirty water into it .Worst still i am still using creme for a fungal infection in my groin i believe i caught from the bath. My wife was very upset at spending part of our dream trip at this place and i spent the next day looking for any alternative regardless at having paid 5 days in advance at the rediculous world cup prices.Luck was kind and we found an unbelievable 5 star suite around the corner at the Mandela-Rhodes apartments which was absolutely top class and only $30 per night more than what was charged at the Cape Diamond.Upon telling the management we were leaving they offered us an alternate room there but no amount of coaxing would get us to stay there for another night. In fairness to the staff they were very nice and courtious but the hotel itself supposedly a 3 star rating is a disgrace. Having travelled alot we probably expect good accommodation at fair rates, this hotel does not even make it onto my worst list shedule as it is SO BAD. Two words Avoid It!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glenroben
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The first night we stayed somebody had money stolen out of the room, whilst they popped next door. Second day a passport, watch and mobile were taken from different rooms when they were locked. Final day hotel safe had been broken into by a sacked staff member and all our belongings and those of other guests left there for safe keeping had gone. Staff weren't helpful. It took a long time to get a police report for insurance. A horrible, horrible experience that left us all very shaken up.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Scout085
Reviewed February 25, 2010

The Cape Diamond Hotel was all I required. I was a lady alone in Cape Town and the staff looked after me so well.
The room was excellent clean and comfortable. The hotel location couldnt have been better for all the local amenities. I felt very safe going out alone in the area. The serivce was also excellent the staff were so friendly and went way beyond giving a good service. I will hopefully be returning in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank smartiepants27