“People with a taste for life”

Michigan Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #578 of 1,325 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: Spoil your family & eat out at Michigan Spur. We are the best steakhouse & burger restaurant in Cape Town. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu.
Reviewed January 14, 2019

The Spur never fails you, always has something tasty on the menu. From Burgers to Steaks, fish and Wings, they have it all. A local restaurant that all South Africans can associate with

Date of visit: July 2018
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Michigan Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Hi Brettw1408,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Michigan Spur family restaurant. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,
Spur Family

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Spur just after 11 today. We were then told very incoherently by the waiter that the breakfast special is only till 11 which we understand as we always deviate from the special anyway.

So we ordered 2 coffees and 2 trailbuster breakfasts. As I am allergic to eggs my sister who placed the order asked if the eggs could be replaced with either extra bacon or mushrooms. I was then informed after the waiter spoke to the manager they can give me extra chips as the difference between the mushrooms and the eggs was more. The waiter later came back and said if I paid a R3 extra he can add extra mushrooms. I then told him it is ok I am not paying extra and he can leave the eggs as well.

When our breakfast came the plate looked rather empty and I asked another waiter just to bring me the menu as I wanted to check something. The mushrooms was not on the plate. I then asked the waiter where the mushrooms was and another waiter came to us very annoyed saying that they are bringing it separately. After a while they brought the mushrooms in small containers.
Mine was ok but when my sister looked at her mushrooms there were scrapsels of the pan, which looked like plastic on her mushrooms. I called the manager and he said that it is leftover dry egg pieces as they fry the eggs and the mushrooms on the same plates.

This was my worst experience ever at Michigan Spur. Won't easily be going to Spur again. Normally I would without hesitation pay the 10% tip but The service left much to be desired and I paid a tip but not 10%.

Date of visit: November 2018
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Michigan Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

Dear 534virginiat,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. Your experience at Michigan Spur concerns us. Our customers are very important to us.

If you wouldn't mind forwarding this review on, together with your contact details to customer-care@spur.co.za. We'd really like the opportunity to discuss this further with you and hopefully turn it around.

Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

A truly great spot for breakfast - always a nice spot to meet .

Friendly waitrons , good service and a nice portions .

Will always return .

Date of visit: November 2018
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Michigan Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our family restaurant. We're thrilled to know that you enjoyed not only our great customer service but also our Breakfast and look forward to having you back for it again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We had a trainee serving us, although she was new the service was to be expected, we all ordered the original spur burgers it was well prepared, disappointed on the small portion of onion rings.

Date of visit: September 2018
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Michigan Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Hello Kimberley950,

Thank you for taking the time to review Michigan Spur family restaurant. We thank you for your constructive feedback.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please email us your contact details along with a copy of your review to customer-care@spur.co.za.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Large family meal, staff were friendly and treated us to a song for a diners birthday! The food is good for the price you pay but this isn’t gourmet dining. But if you want decent food at a decent price this is worth the visit. We were even treated to entertainment as the staff tried to catch a rogue pigeon! Only negative is the baby change facility. It blocks the door to the females toilet - rather embarrassing to have a queue of ladies waiting while you try to change a baby!

Date of visit: August 2018
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Michigan Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Hi Matthew,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. Nothing pleases us more than satisfying our customers.

We hope to see you again soon for another Spurrrific experience.

Spur Family