We decided very spontaneously to end our southern africa trip in Cape Town, as we were planned to leave from Johannesburg, and it was probably the best days of our trip.
The email conversation with Ruth was quick, helpful and very friendly. When we arrived in the morning, Ruth was there to welcome us and help us plan our 3 days in Cape town.
From the first moment we felt so comfortable and at home, and the whole lodge is just wonderful! We've booked an upstairs room, which was huge and had an amazing view of table mountain and the city. The location is just great, it is in a lovely and quiet neighbourhood, you can walk to lots of fantastic restaurants and bars and you reach city center in 10 minutes (walking distance). We've never felt unsafe there.
Every morning, Lisa and Nita (the amazing ladies who work there) made us a delicious breakfast and Ruth helped us with whatever we needed.
All in all, these three days where the perfect end to our holiday and I would never stay anywhere else than at Liberty Lodge! Ruth, thanks again for three amazing days at your wonderful place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa