Liberty Lodge
$119
$101
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$171
$149
Hotels.com
$187
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$116
Hilton
  • Pool
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)
$143
$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$197
$160
Priceline
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
$184
$92
Priceline
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$762
$733
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$752
$427
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$549
$429
Agoda.com
All reviewskloof streetowner ruthtable mountaincomplimentary sherryevery morningthe black sheepfirst floorcamps baywithin walking distancerestaurants and barsroof terracetownship tourfresh fruithome away from homecar hirea great staystay in cape town
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you dislike anonymous, sterile hotels, look no further. And if you're a fan of early 20th century style there is no choice. You simply must book here. Liberty Lodge is heaven for art deco lovers. But even if you're not one of them, this is a beautifully decorated house, in a good location, with lovely views and balcony. What made our stay especially good is Ruth's knowledge and advice. She is a very welcoming owner and we were only too happy to have her book our trips and taxi's. The weather (we stayed in May - early winter) was not brilliant, and we had mixed feelings about Cape Town itself, but our experience in Liberty Lodge was totally positive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in October 2012, 2 of them with 2 friends. My review comes late, but I just have to say 'Thank you' to Ruth and her staff for the wonderful experience I got.

Already before we arrived, we got good hints from Ruth with links for ordering tickets to the Table Mountain and Robin Island in advance. She also arranged a pick-up service from the airport which made my arrival very convenient since I arrived late in the evening.

The lodge is beautifully located, with stunning views to the Table Mountain and Lion's Head, and it was fascinating to watch the moving clouds over the Table Mountain from the spacious terrace.
The rooms and the common area were nice and cosy, with very personal touch.

Ruth and her stuff were so thoughtful and supporting, and I loved the breakfast arranged by Lisa.

After my backpack was stolen in Camps Bay, with all money, cards etc, Ruth was so helpful in this situation. I borrowed some cash money from some friends before they left Cape Town, and it was just enough to pay my new passport, the stay at the lodge and the trip to the airport. Ruth left her mobil number to me in case I would experience unexpected problems in this situation. Ruth, thank you so much for that. You made the stay in Cape Town a good experience. Now, after 8 months, I forgot the stolen backpack, but I will not forget you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Woman50
Ruth P, Owner at Liberty Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi M!

Many many thanks for writing about Liberty Lodge and your stay here in Cape Town last October. Time goes so fast but your review illustrates that experiences remain vivid in our minds long after our return. I am so pleased you liked the Lodge, its location and the views from the terrace. And last but not least, Lisa's wonderful breakfasts! Let me take this opportunity to say that I hope you will return one day. My best wishes to you and your friends

Ruth

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night, was in a business trip! This Lodge has great location. Ruth and her stuaff were very very nice.You can view the table mountain on the balcony!!! I would definitely like to stay again here in future!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Comfortable, convenient in a wonderful location. Ruth & her staff were excellent. Nicely furnished, with attention to detail and warm/friendly. Ruth is very knowledgeable and helpful. Amazing views too - just step outside on to the balcony for inspiration. Thank you - enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a solo traveller, used to live in Cape Town, and was home for a visit, although was in desperate need of a night alone in peace and quiet! I made the last minute decision to stay in Cape Town and called a few places which finally(gratefully!) lead me to The Liberty Lodge!
I was welcomed warmly by Ruth who quickly and efficiently showed me to my most beautiful ensuite room with gorgeous terrace overlooking the city ahead and the breath taking table mountain behind.
I found exactly what I was looking for, an amazing comfortable bed, a beautiful quiet room and a lovely hostess!
Thank you to Ruth and her staff for making my stay so perfect - I stayed 3 nights instead of the planned 1.

• Stayed: May 2013