My husband and I spent 3 nights in Cape Town in early September, staying at Liberty Lodge. Upon arrival at around 7.00pm on Saturday, we were warmly greeted by owner/manager Ruth. Ruth explained security and internet access procedures, recommended some good local restaurants on Kloof Street (walking distance) and showed us to our room. It was spacious and very comfortable with ready access to a deck from which we had stunning views of Table Mountain. We had a very comfortable stay over the 3 nights we were in Cape Town and loved the substantial, yummy breakfasts prepared by Lisa, the Lodge’s cook. Ruth was keen to help us in any way she could eg. booking taxis and she was always up for a chat. We really enjoyed our time at Liberty Lodge in the beautiful city of Cape Town. The hospitality and friendliness of Ruth and Lisa made our stay extra special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa