We have stayed at the Liberty Lodge for 3 nights at the Madiba Room on the 1st floor with views over the city and a public terrace. We felt very welcomed from the first moment on. It is a traditional house in a nice and secure neighbourhood, maybe a bit near a busy mainstreet, but it was not disturbing us. You may walk out of the house and find a lot of nice restaurants (especially the Cafe Paradiso with a wonderful little garden and good food/wine). The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast is served outside (when good weather) on a little patio in the shadow between beautiful flowers.
I can only recommend the Liberty Lodge to customers who do appreciate a nice intimate athmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa