“A Really Charming B&B....You'll Want To Return!”
Review of Liberty Lodge

Liberty Lodge
Ranked #23 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I just returned from Cape Town, where I stayed at Liberty Lodge. Ruth (proprietor), kindly organised collection from the airport for me, which was great as I was travelling on my own. She also advised me in advance to book trips to Table Mountain and Robben Island as these sights get so busy - great advice as I would have missed out on Robben Island!

Ruth will greet you on arrival and Lisa or Nila will bring you a welcome drink. The Lodge is a lovely property which has been beautifully restored by the looks of it. My room was both spacious, welcoming and very clean. The ensuite was a good size too, with a decent shower!

The location of this B&B is great as you simply take a short walk down the street and you are on Kloof Street, which basically leads you everywhere you want to go! Use Excite Taxis as they are reliable and good value.

Breakfast was delicious and the girls will literally cook anything you want.

This is a great B&B and well deserves its rating on Trip Advisor. I was on my own and felt really safe and comfortable here. Well done Ruth and her team!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed at the Liberty Lodge for 3 nights on the recommendation of a friend and was not disappointed. Ruth runs a fantastic B&B, with outstanding service and general hospitality. For someone that travels across the globe through work, it was such a refreshing change to be welcomed into someone's 'home' and feel so welcomed.

Rooms are large and very well designed with extremely comfortable beds that make the stay even more enjoyable.

The location with spectacular views of table mountain could not be faulted, with easy access down to Kloof Street and Long Street with an abundance of bars and restaurants.

Overall outstanding value and special praise to Ruth and her team for such great hospitality

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I loved staying at this lodge - i spend a lot of time reading reviews and was so impressed with them that i booked the lodge. Travelled to Capetown alone and had 2 nights here. From the moment i arrived Lisa and Nita were excellent - so friendly and helpful . The room was massive and the bed was so comfy i slept for 11 hours straight both nights !! perfect. The breakfast as well was so good - so much choice and laid out so beautiful. The location was really good - close to town and short walk to the hop on hop off tour stop. The views on the balcony of tabe mountain were so good - i loved the lodge and ill definetly book to stay here again . Thank you so very very much for a great great stay ... really appreciate it - made my capetown trip so perfect xx

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Been back to LIberty lodge 4 times since September 2010, and it never fails to deliver. Owner Ruth, and her charming team of Lisa and Nita really know how to make guests feel welcome. There are 5 individually decorated rooms - my favourite is Madiba, on the 1st floor, which has a great roof terrace, with views of the V&A waterfront from one side, and table mountain in the background. The rooms are well lit, make good use of space, and quiet, despite the central location.

Nestled in a quiet street just off mega-trendy Kloof st, Liberty Lodge is the ideal place from which to explore Cape Town's myriad treats. It's a 30 minute walk down to the V&A, through kloof / long streets, and less than a 10 minute drive to the beautiful beaches of Bakoven, camps bay etc.

Ruth and team are full of tips on places to eat, and things to do. They also knock up one of the best breakfasts in the city, and if the weather is good, you can even sit in the sheltered courtyard.

As someone who spends >100 nights a year in hotels, i really appreciate good service when i find it. Can't give greater feedback to this place, other than my continued stays there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed at Liberty Lodge this March and it was amazing.
Our room was quite large and nicely decorated with a stunning view on Devil´s Peak and Table Mountain.
The breakfast is served in the backyard and the omelettes are to die for...
Lisa and Nita really made us feel at home. Thanks again to the two of you.
We will definetely come back (hopefully next year :-))

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2011

It was the third time that I and my husband visited Liberty Lodge and it was just as nice as we remebered it from two years ago. Ruth is very friendly and hospitable and seems to be able to give advise on every restaurant in Cape Town (and even sent me to a good hairdresser). We had an upstairs room with direct access to the balcony with viwes of Cape Town and the Table Mountain. The location is good, with several restaurants and shops within walking distance (during daytime). Beds are comfortable and breakfast excellent. There is a nicely furnished lounge with travel books and magazines. Parking is on-street. I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

In February 2011 we traveled around South Africa and we stayed in eight different places, for example Kruger National Park,Hluhluwe-Hiltop Camp, Drakensberg-Giant´s Castle, Sodwana Bay-Coral Divers and last for days we stayed in Liberty Lodge and it was the best, the most friendly and the safest place which we visited. I started to plan our holiday in September last year and I sent a few mail messages Ruth and she always answered me very quick and very friendly .Whenever she tried to help me with our trips in Cape Town. I was looking forward to seeing Ruth because I was feeling, that I am going to visit my friend. When we arrieved we felt so at home. Every morning Lisa and Nita got amazing breakfast - fruits salad and yoghurt, omelettes, drop scones and every morning we talked with Ruth how was our last day and how is our plan for this day. I have found hard the right words for these days. There were unforgettable and amazing days. Thank you very much, Ruth. Hana and Jaroslav, Czech Republic

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple