I just returned from Cape Town, where I stayed at Liberty Lodge. Ruth (proprietor), kindly organised collection from the airport for me, which was great as I was travelling on my own. She also advised me in advance to book trips to Table Mountain and Robben Island as these sights get so busy - great advice as I would have missed out on Robben Island!
Ruth will greet you on arrival and Lisa or Nila will bring you a welcome drink. The Lodge is a lovely property which has been beautifully restored by the looks of it. My room was both spacious, welcoming and very clean. The ensuite was a good size too, with a decent shower!
The location of this B&B is great as you simply take a short walk down the street and you are on Kloof Street, which basically leads you everywhere you want to go! Use Excite Taxis as they are reliable and good value.
Breakfast was delicious and the girls will literally cook anything you want.
This is a great B&B and well deserves its rating on Trip Advisor. I was on my own and felt really safe and comfortable here. Well done Ruth and her team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa