As a 26 year old married man, travelling with my Mum to Cape Town for 4 days after a family wedding in another part of South Africa, I was a little worried about staying here. I knew I’d enjoy it as I’ve spent the last 10 years staying at places like this, but I didn’t know what my 46 year old Mum would think. As it turned out, she absolutely loved it. To quote her, “…I’ve stayed in hotels worse than this!”. She couldn’t believe the quality of the place for the low price we paid. The staff were very helpful upon arrival, and our room was literally a few steps from the main reception. The room had its own bathroom, very comfy beds and I very much appreciated the excellent air conditioning system. The room felt very safe too with its own safety box, as well as another safety box behind reception too. The hostel bar and pool always seemed to be well used and the people that were staying there seemed to have been there for some time. Understandable considering the cost and quality. Just a short walk from Cape Town Stadium, the waterfront shopping complex and a taxi that cost less than £2 to get to Long Street, it really is in a great location. Another short walk away was a number or bars and restaurants that my Mother and I made certain to make the most of during our stay. If you’re planning on backpacking in Cape Town, this is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sunflower Stop backpackers offers relaxing and comfortable accommodation for budget travellers in Cape Town. Nestled between the mountains and sea, the backpackers hostel is in the perfect location to enjoy your time in Cape Town. With a self-catering kitchen, bar and T.V. lounge, our luxury backpackers offers affordable accommodation for every budget. So come and make yourself at home with our friendly staff, cool off in our refreshing sun filled swimming pool, relax at the cosy bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your A Sunflower Stop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunflower Stop Hotel Cape Town Central
- Sunflower Stop Cape Town
- A Sunflower Stop Cape Town, South Africa